Sink The Ship

"What happened to you?"

"To me?! What about you? I get a call from South saying that you screwed up. Big time. What happened?"

"You trust my sister."

"Yes."

"Fair enough. Now then, what happened?"

"No. You spill first."

"No, you spill first."

"Age before beauty."

"Ladies first."

"Gentlemen open the door."

North's face was clearly showing his frustration with Della. They had met at the apartment complex where North lived (partially so Della could return South's clothes). Della left Wash in the car and she made him call her so he could hear everything. North didn't know. But what Della didn't know was that North had done practically the same except that CT was around the corner.

"Do you want me to sugarcoat it?" he asked.

"What happened?" she repeated, crossing her arms.

"So no on the sugarcoating?" he asked, ignoring her angry look.

"What happened?!" she repeated, more frustrated.

"I kissed CT!"

Silence filled the hallway.

"What?" Della asked, stumbling back a step.

"I kissed CT," he repeated. "And we both liked it."

She didn't speak. Instead, she watched him toss his hands into the air and turn away.

"Fair enough," she replied calmly. "Because Wash and I did the same thing at the stables."

North whipped back around.

"Wait, what?! When was this?!" he demanded.

"Yesterday. And you know what North? I've realized something. This--whatever it is--is not going to work. Friendship is fine. Romantic relationship, no. Fair?" she said firmly.

He sighed.

"I was thinking the same thing. It's fair. I'm sorry," he apologized, rubbing the back of his neck.

"So, you and CT?" she asked, laughing lightly.

"Seems to be like a thing we'll try. She's dragging me to dinner tomorrow," he replied, chuckling lightly. "You and Wash?"

Pausing, her fingers nonchalantly went for her phone and held it behind her back. With one hand, she ended Wash's ability to hear the reply. North never saw.

"I'm focusing on the barn right now," she answered, forced smile evident. "Breeding season's almost here!"

"Don't run yourself into the ground," he warned.

"As my friend, you can say that," she agreed. "But no one, not even if we were dating, is going to stop me from working as hard as I possibly can. Is that clear?"

"No, it isn't. Mainly because it's quite childish. But do whatever you want because clearly I can't stop you."

__________________________________________________________________

(Disclaimer: I do not own the characters from Red VS Blue, they are owned by the lovely people at RoosterTeeth :))