Play Your Cards

"What happened?"

"She collapsed!"

"North, I'm not kidding. Relax or I'm going to knock you out."

"I'm relaxed."

        Rolling her eyes, South almost shoved her brother off to the side. There were several reasons why North did not work in the ER and his easily-panicked personality topped the list. Pediatrics was a much calmer department and that's what kept him there.

        South, on the other hand, liked commotion and was not easily panicked. While other nurses freaked out upon the sight of bad car accident victims, South merely shook her head and went on trying to save them. It's what kept her there and made the rest of the nurses and doctors put up with her personality.

        South noticed Della stirring and gave her some space. Let her wake up first and then try to help her. She felt Maine's hand trail lightly on her shoulder as a reassurance that he was there. She smiled and let her fingers brush against his, not taking her gaze away from the blinking-herself-awake geneticist.

        Maine had been over at her apartment to eat dinner. South wasn't the best cook, but Maine didn't care, or at least, he never mentioned it. When she'd gotten the call, Maine quickly went with her down the flight of stairs to help. A small part of her mind was kicking herself for dragging him into the mess, but she ignored it.

"Della? Hey, Della? Can you hear me?" she asked, keeping her voice soft.

"Yeah."

"Okay, do you know where you are?"

"North's apartment. It's around 6 and pizza's on it's way in ten."

"Good. Did you hit your head?"

"Nope."

"Wow, you're surprisingly calm. Anyway, do you want to sit up?"

"South, please don't pull the slow and quiet sympathy card. I'm fine, trust me," Della half-laughed, leaning on her elbows.

"Well, Miss Know It All, I guess you don't need my help," South snapped, crossing her arms.

"That's not what I meant. This isn't the first time. I know what happened and I'll take it easy, I promise," Della said softly.

"What do you mean this isn't the first time?!" North sputtered.

"North, please shut up. It doesn't suprise me and it shouldn't suprise you. She's right. Now let her rest for a bit and then she'll be fine," South replied, tone slightly clipped.

"I think you're underreacting," he muttered, crossing his arms.

"You can take her to the ER yourself and they'll do the same thing. Actually, they'd laugh that you didn't trust me. Now relax and enjoy your evening. Also, if you need anything else, call Carolina," South replied, standing up with the help from Maine.

"Why?"

"I'll just...uh...be busy....playing cards...with Maine...yeah."

___________________________________________________________________________________

(Disclaimer: I do not own the Red VS Blue characters, they are owned by the lovely people at RoosterTeeth :))