Chapter 45 : Alright?

CHLOE ARMEL

"I have explained everything to the stylists and the makeup artists, so you don't need to worry about anything. And once you are done, I expect you to come down straight. Alright?"

"Okay Mom"

Mom had done everything for me, from choosing my hairstyle to the kind of look that I should go with. I only had to wait and watch if they were actually to my liking or not. But knowing my mom I was pretty much sure that she could never go wrong when it came to looks, that too when it was an Annual Business Ball that I was supposed to attend.

I sit on the chair, and let those stylists and makeup artists, work on me. They do not let me sit in front of the mirror, and hence I am unable to look at myself.

Having nothing to do until they all got over, I close my eyes and enter a day dreamland, to pass my time.

>>//<<

After a long and painful hour, they were finally done. It felt like my body had to enter a phase of forced paralysis, and I was suddenly told to come out of it.

I open my eyes slowly to get accustomed to the light. They were done with my eye makeup a long time back, and I took it upon my leisure to close my eyes and relax, as I knew that I would barely get any time to relax in the ball.

It would definitely be a lot tiring, and as of what I have heard, we might have to dance many rounds with our partners and the rest as well.

The only thing that worried me was how I would dance with people I did not know. Sam was fine, but others? I don't really like or appreciate it, and I only wish there comes out a way for me to skip that part where I will have to dance with other people.

I get up slowly in the stilettos that mom had chosen for me. I have a look at them, and realize that they were the simplest pair of golden stilettos. The best part was their simplicity, which gave my gown a restricted yet extravagant style.

I slowly approach the mirror in the long gown. It was already giving me a posh feeling. I raise my head slowly, preparing myself to be ready for the impact the makeup would have on me. I wasn't sure how it would be, and I only hoped it would just make me look fine.

I wasn't used to heavy make ups and what they did today in that one hour was a rightful example of it and I knew that.

The moment I look in the mirror I come face to face with a girl I never knew. She was extraordinarily pretty, with an elegant and sophisticated style. She spoke of beauty and power at the same time. She appeared to be the embodiment of the girl I have always wanted to be.

Yes everyone; I couldn't believe it was ME.

Not because of the overdone makeup as I initially thought, but because the makeup I felt was overstated, actually only highlighted my best features. It was a unique combination of boldness and solemnity.

I was surprised beyond belief.

My entire face had a golden hue, with my eyes specifically adorned in a very stunning shimmering golden shade, which was immensely arresting. My look had an exception of a bold colour on my lips, which was an exceedingly appealing shade of red or burgundy or maroon, I can't really pin point.

This bold colour just accentuated my entire look and molded it, giving me as I told before, a look of utter confidence combined with unpretentiousness.

My hair was left free, with my curls beautifully dancing on my shoulders. I don't know what they did with my hair all that time, but the result was just awesome.