Chapter 34 : The Morning Kiss

CHLOE ARMEL

I take out some bread from the fridge and some vegetables. Taking all other necessities I prepare toast for Cole and ready some oats and warm milk for myself. I got up a lot early today and thought of preparing breakfast for Cole and myself as well, which I never do.

Cole had gone to get a pair of fresh clothes from Andre's place as he did not have time to get one from his own place. It would have taken more time.

He was currently getting ready in MY room, considering that he slept there as well. Had it been any other day I would not have had tolerated it but unlike today, I was too embarrassed for my act to even start a decent conversation with him, forget about arguing...

I did not want him to confront me at all on why I did what I did. I was surprised myself and even though I had not expected to do any such thing it felt the right thing, and oddly enough I do not regret it at all. I am only worried about his reaction and about what would actually proceed after this.

Just as in cue to my thoughts my bedroom door opens and out walks Cole in his handsome glory...I couldn't deny that he was looking impeccable today but couldn't even accept it at his face. I look up at him momentarily only to see him smirking at me, and at the fact that I was checking him out again. I look away instantly, and start arranging the breakfast plates and everything on the table, though it was already arranged beyond perfection.

He comes and sits down on a chair, and I could feel his gaze directly on me. Before he could say anything I ask, "Would...would you like some oats or...or toast??" I ask hesitantly, weighing each of my word, and stuttering all the while.

I knew he was enjoying the show which I was putting up when he finally speaks.

"Toast," he says it slow and soft, making it almost difficult for me to hear, with a glint of husk in his voice.

I don't look up at him no matter what and push the plate of toast and the cup of coffee towards him.

The entire time that we were eating I could feel his eyes on me. I was blushing profusely the entire time, and I only prayed to God that he wouldn't notice it. I wanted to ask him to stop staring at me like that, but I just wasn't ready for a conversation.

It is not the bad kind of awkward or even remotely uncomfortable. But it is the kind where you feel butterflies erupting inside your stomach all the freaking time. It is the kind where you cannot breathe and still successfully you are able to stand straight without fainting.

We finish our breakfast and once we are done he says, "I'll be waiting for you down, be quick," and walks away. Thank God. I just so badly wanted to relax my nerves before accompanying him to a car ride to school. I check my image in front of the kitchen mirror and almost faint when I see the amount of red present. I swear I look like a tomato and wouldn't be surprised to know that he knew now how pathetic I was.

Nevertheless taking in a breath and carrying my school bag I rush down after locking all the gates behind me.

>>//<<

We reach school after an utmost painful ride.

I turned on the radio in his car only to get rid of the silence prevailing and to be able to evade all of his stares. I don't know how but he managed to stare at me occasionally all the way through the ride. GOD!!! Only I know how much he was enjoying himself.

And the worst part was when the radio finally was turned on and out of all the songs and tunes and everything that could have been playing, the song SENORITA was going on like as if it wasn't already hot inside the car.