Chapter 29 : The Apron with the Quote

CHLOE ARMEL

It had initially felt the right thing to talk to him about, to let him in finally, to allow myself to talk to him. But when this came straight from him, it felt like I lost my shit altogether. I wasn't in control anymore. My emotions were in an overdrive.

I.HAD.NOT.SPOKEN.TO.ANYONE.ABOUT. ASHTON.

And his name coming directly from Cole made me scared even though I know he wasn't here. I was looking at him and so was he. I did not want to break the eye contact, but when I felt my eyes water, not because of the staring though, I look away.

My heart was beating a bit too fast than my liking and I wanted to be anywhere but here. I wanted to get up and move away from him, but my legs were too stiff to move me away. I wanted to say something to kill the dead silence but my throat was to dry to support any words. I wanted to cry, to let whatever it was out but my pride was far too big to let the tears spill out for the second time in front of him.

I remembered the first time and realized that maybe he got to know the name from the other guys. I remembered how helpless I had been then, but I did not like being helpless.

I was slowly drowning in my own thoughts when Cole getting up from his place, moving towards me grabs my arm, gently I might add, and leads me. Surprised by his act I ask, "Where are you taking me?"

Without looking at me or even answering my question, he leads me into my kitchen.

"Where do you keep the aprons?" he enquires and though I was initially planning to not answer him as well, the seriousness of his voice made me comply. But instead of answering I go to a drawer and pull out an apron. It was a plain black apron and Aunt Margaret used to wear it while cooking. I hand it over to him.

I feel him look at me when he says, "It is just one."

He states like as if I do not know how to count.

"How many aprons do you wear and cook?" I ask instead.

"I am not asking another apron for myself; it is for you," he says so calmly as if it were the most obvious thing.

"I don't remember telling you that I am going to cook?" I say him mockingly.

"But unfortunately YOU ARE going to COOK," he says sternly and I momentarily have second thoughts on arguing with him but irrespective of it I say,

"And what if I say I don't want to?"

"I will make you," he says smirking,

"And how do you expect to make me?" I say smirking back. To this his smirk grows even wider and he starts to step towards me. I knew he was playing the same bait so I stand my ground. I knew he wouldn't do anything that I wouldn't like.

The best thing was he left the topic there and did not bring it up again, and I was more gratified for it than I was letting on.

"Ah!! You are so confident Princess but are you sure you gonna be the same once I have done the thing??" he says winking, all the while decreasing the distance between us. I just smirk back at him.

He stands right in front of me and places both of his hands on the wall behind me. My heart rate was escalating but I try to tone it down.

I realize how easily he turned the conversation from dead serious to mock fun, how he turned the tears in my eyes to a mischievous glint, how he easily converted my sad smile to a challenging smirk. And now he was up to making me do the one thing I hadn't done for so long, he wanted to make me cook.

But before I started to cook with him, I wanted to see what he would do to make me. I was quite interested to cook, as it had been too long. I was eager once again to play with various flavours and come up with something delicious. And there was nothing wrong if I cooked again. In fact now that I look back I realize how stupid it was of me to stop cooking.

He grabs both of my hands and holds them on top of my head. He was looking at me all the while, and as his smirk grew wider, I did not fail to notice that I was shocked beyond anything.

Not only was the position uncomfortable but I was scared of the possibilities. But I wanted to trust him, and so without a word I waited, waited for his next move. He came close to my ear and whispered, "Everything alright Princess?"

I nod trying to prevent him from listening my heart beats. His closeness was bothering me but I wasn't going to admit.

He moves his head back only to look directly at me, I keep my eyes wide open, though I wanted to close them and live in the moment. It took from me everything to keep my senses active.

It is then that his right hand made contact with my sides and I realized he was tickling me. I for one thing I would like to tell, COULD NOT HANDLE BEING TICKLED.

I screamed and laughed with all my might. I exerted as much force I could to free my hands from his firm grip. I tried to use my legs instead, but realized that they were locked too.

God knows when he had pressed my legs towards the wall and was holding them in a firm position as well. I wanted to free myself from his grip but I failed miserably.

"What do you think of cooking now?" he says stopping momentarily, I breathe in and take as much oxygen I could grab.

"Will you tickle me again if I say no?" I ask instead.

"I'll keep tickling you till you won't say 'yes'," he replies, and before he could begin the assault all over again I say,

"But let me tell you that I ain't a good cook, not like you anyways," I was still gasping for breath.

I feel my hands and legs free from his grip, and he says smiling, "That will do. You are with one of the best cooks and I will eventually make you an exceptional cook yourself. Now do you have another apron?" he asks, coming straight to the matter.

"Hmm..Yeah wait." I go to my room and take out my favourite apron. It was well kept and maintained. I move towards the kitchen wearing the apron on my way. It was a plain black one just like the other but with the addition of a quote, 'Cooking is Love made visible.'

I reach the kitchen and Cole asks, "Hey! Can I wear that instead?"

"It is the same thing," I say

"NO there's this quote," he retreats,

"But it is my favourite," I say, "I never cook without wearing it," my eyes were pleading and he gives in, though I notice him eyeing my apron. I chuckle.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hello everyone!! Here goes the second chapter for the day, but this is not all. My compensation doesn't end here. I just hope that you all like my story. Do Vote, Comment and Share if you like my story. 

                                                                                                           -Surls