Chapter 9: Our New Jobs

I woke up in my room. It's currently September 3rd, 11:24 am. I then look over to my side and see my friend sitting on a chair, reading a book.

"Good morning (Y/N)", he said to me.
"Now that you've had your rest, I can now fully heal your leg".

He came over to me and sat on the bed, and then places my injured leg on his lap. He heals it using one of his chains.

"It should be completely healed now. Try to get up and walk on it", he said.

I get out and walk out of bed. It had been completely healed, as if I was never injured in the first place.

"It's good as new. Thanks a lot Pika", I replied.

"Pika?", asked the boy.

"Mhm, unless you prefer Blondie", I reply with a mischievous chuckle.

He sighs and replies with, "Pika it is then. Wash up and change in to some clean clothes. Mr. Nostrade will be here around noon. I'll be downstairs with the others".

"Ok Pika, see you in a bit", I reply with a smile.

I took a quick shower and change my clothes to meet the others downstairs.

^ your current drip 🤩

I head downstairs to see everyone, even Mr. Nostrade. We all then inform him about everything we knew related to the auction. He assigned Melody and Basho to take Neon back home.

Once Neon left the room to pack her things, he then says, "The Underground Auction will be resuming tonight. The time and place haven't changed. The community must demonstrate that they will not be intimated by anyone. The Ten Dons have vowed to recover all of the stolen merchandise".

I assumed he now said this so Neon wouldn't throw a fit.

"But sir, the man we captured earlier gave information. He claimed that a Shadow Beasts took everything before they even arrived", replied Kurapika.

"Yes, that much is true. However, all of the Shadow Beasts are dead. Nine bodies have been recovered. The final member, the Owl, was the one in charge of transporting the merchandise. He was probably captured by the Troupe. The Ten Dons understand how frightening nen can be. If a Troupe member can compel a confession, they won't need to resort in torture. We think the merchandise the Owl took has fallen into the Troupe's hands. So as I was just saying, with all of the Shadow Beasts destroyed, the Ten Dons will hire pros to handle the Troupe. The mafia uses murder as a tool of intimidation. We can't allow the assassins to take all of the credit. So on behalf of the community, I want Kurapika and
(Y/N) to join the assassin team".

My co-workers all gasped in shock. I even gasped too. I understood Kurapika, but why did he want me to join as well? Did Kurapika inform him about last night?

"I wish to speak with you privately
(Y/N). The rest of you are dismissed", said Mr. Nostrade.

Once everyone left the room, he informed me that he wanted me to join the assassin's team because Kurapika told him about the fight last night.