Chapter 47: Loving You.

~ June • 10:45 pm ~

It was a slow and silent summer night back at the Nostrade estate. (Y/N) had finished an assignment with the brothers and came home roughly around forty minutes ago. She changed out her suit, washed up, and changed into something much more comfortable. Instead of her usual sweatpants and oversized t-shirt combo, she switched her sweatpants with a pair of well-loved basketball shorts instead to better accommodate the weather.

Sure, she was tired as she'd normally be. However, she wasn't tired enough to head to bed just yet. Eyeing her dusty guitar case in the corner of the room, she decided to finally let the instrument see some light again. Removing it from the case, she walked outside, sat on a small patio chair, and begun to play for a short while.

^ (this is the vibe ✨️[steven universe songs >>])

'Er.. I'm rusty. I suppose that's what I get for neglecting you, huh?'

She let out a brief sigh and just before she was about to continue, she heard a knock on her bedroom door. With the door to the balcony wide open, she just replied from where she was sat.

"Come in!", she exclaimed.

"(Y/N)?", the blonde boy asked for as the bedroom door opened.

"Pika?", the girl questioned in surprise.

"Uh.. where are you-?", he asked.

"Out here", she replied.

"You left this door wide open?", he questioned.

"What can I say? It's a refreshing night", she replied with a slight smile.

"Well, I can't argue with that. Nice shorts by the way", he replied with a small chuckle.

"Haha, we gotta love the middle school gym shorts. Shorts aside, I'm actually surprised to be seeing you right now. You're usually busy around this time", she explained.

"I'm usually wrapping up by now. But by the time I'm finished, you're already asleep", he replied.

"Yep, you're right about that", she replied after a brief sigh.

"So, I see you picked up your guitar again", he stated. "If it's not too much to ask for, could you play something for me?".

"Er, I could.. but I'm a bit rusty", she replied with a bead of sweat gliding down the side of her head.

"I don't mind!", he replied as he sat in the other chair.

She sighed and said with a small laugh, "Alright, I'll play you what I've been playing just now. But don't say I didn't warn you".

~

"And.. that's it. It's kind of a short song", she replied, scratching the back of her neck.

"Well, I didn't think you sounded rusty at all", he explained.

"Thanks, but then again, you haven't heard me play all that much", she replied, setting down her guitar beside the door.

She arose from her seat to stretch, then took a few steps forward to lean against the railing with her arms crossed. Kurapika followed behind to stand beside her, also leaning against the railing.

"So, what have you been up to recently?", he asked her.

"Nothing much as usual. I just came back from an assignment with the brothers", she answered.