Chapter 51: At the Mountain..

~ August 8th ~

It took a bit over half a day to get to Kukuroo Mountain, but we had eventually made it there. I always figured it was a grand mountain based of the stories I've heard before but this.. is completely something else. I had already explained the situation to both Ma and Pa some time ago. Killua had seemed to change his mood back to before, but it had to have been for something I wasn't thinking about.

Ah, the infamous testing gates.

I heard about these through mainly Kurapika. He had claimed that him, Gon, and Leorio had to complete some strength training before they were able to open it together. Apparently Killua was able to do most on his own. I guess I would expect his strength had increased from that time to now.

I had offered to help, but he insisted that he'd do it all on his own.

Yeah... let's not even attempt to arm wrestle him in the future haha...

I made that into a mental note as I continued to walk up the mountain with him. We were both silent for most of the time, especially since I didn't have to nerve to make small talk with his hostile aura.

"(Y/N), listen", he asserted before turning my direction.

I had stopped progressing just as he did and had only replied with, "Yes?".

"In order to get where I need to, I need to speak with my father. I'll be the one to do all of the talking, even if it is about Maxine. Do not speak to him unless he asks you to. And a word of advice; try not to show any fear, or at least keep it at a very minimal amount. This applies for both him and whatever dogs we happen to run into", he instructed.

"I'll try my best", I replied after a brief gulp.

Dogs? He's making me start to be scared of dogs now??

"And stay on guard, you're the safest here when around me. That way, none of the servants will attempt anything on you. I think I can trust you to not do anything stupid", he further explained.

"Alright, I got all of that. I'll just keep following you until we're there", I replied further.

He only nodded and then we both made it towards the house. And then.. we had made it.

Silva Zoldyck in the flesh.

With his hands in his pockets, yet still firm in his tone, he demanded for him to allow us to see someone named Alluka, as he further explained we needed her help.

"Killua-", Silva replied back before he could further say anything else.

"We don't have time for this, Dad. We're going either way, just come", Killua asserted.

"Forget it. No one alive can control Alluka, or that freak daughter of yours", Silva replied as he towards his attention to me.

"I'm sorry?", I replied with just before I had bit my tongue. I could've totally went off to anyone who dared to say anything along those lines. However, just those two words alone made Killua turn his glance towards me.

"I know who you are (Y/N). The word gets around, and let's just say, you're quite the popular girl", Silva claimed.

The hell?

"Well regardless, I'm telling you that you're wrong! Alluka is a member of the family, not a machine! And Maxine isn't even your own child..", Killua asserted with an even stronger tone.

"So that's it's name? Fine, she can have her "child" back if she can find her. As for Alluka-", he explained.

"I'm going! I'll ask her as her older brother", Killua explained.