Chapter 31: The Beginning of the New Year

~ January 7th, Killua's POV ~

And just like that, I passed the Hunter exam within the first ninety minutes. I was the only one too. Now what can I do for the next couple of days? I could have Mlluki finally forge those weaponized yo-yos. That shouldn't take too long, and it may come in handy for future gameplay. Now, what will I do in the meantime..?

~~~
Calling: (Y/N)
~~~

"Hey Killua..", she said.

"Hey (Y/N), I passed the Hunter exam in the first hour and a half", I replied.

"Oh wow, what did you do?".

"The examiner told all of the applicants to knock out five people and collect their badges. I knocked everyone out, but there were over one thousand badges to collect. So, that took a while".

"Woah, then that was barely anything for you!".

"Yeah, but I'm not supposed to enter back in the game for at least another week. I'm bored. Are you guys back from Glam Gas Land?".

"Yeah, we're back at the mansion now".

"How was that big party?".

"Oh.. well a lot happened haha..".

"Like what? Tell me what happened, I could use a good story right now".

"I guess I could tell you, but are you sure? When I said a lot happened, I meant a LOT".

"Yeah, yeah. Like I said before, I'm bored".

"Ok.. well for starters, Kurapika and I did our usual gambling work as normal. Before midnight, we took a break and hung out with Leorio and another friend I have named Naomi. During the night, we all felt uneasy due to someone's leaks of bloodlust".

"So there were nen users there besides your group and Leorio?".

"Yeah but.. that bloodlust belonged to your older brother".

"Illumi?!".

"Yeah, and Hisoka was there too".

"What?!".

"Uh huh. Long story short, Illumi was there to kill Maxine's father, who we happened to run into during the trip. We saw Hisoka use his bungee gum and then Illumi used his needles to take him out of the crowd. Then Leorio, Kurapika and I followed them because we thought it was suspicious, but we just ended up watching your brother kill Maxine's father inside a janitor's closet".

"What the hell?!".

"Yeah, crazy night. Kurapika and I got back to work after the midnight fireworks. Then we ended the night because Leorio got drunk as hell so I just grabbed him by the ear, used my steam on him, and threw him onto the couch in our room".

"But why was Hisoka there? The Zoldyck's don't call outsiders for additional help with their jobs".

"I have no clue".

"Well enough about my brother, how are you and Kurapika?".

"Well nothing much has happened once we got back".