Chapter 32: Planning a New Mission

~ The Next Morning ~

"James Nutlocke?!", Leorio yelled over the phone.

"Keep your voice down! (Y/N) is still asleep!", Kurapika replied back.

"Well you're right about one thing, no way can you obtain them on your own. Security is incredibly high, and the moment you're caught trespassing, you might as well be dead. It may be just a toy factory, but the security is most likely there for people who want to steal the eyes. Or those who know about them at the very least".

"I figured, but I also don't want to waste of bunch time just trying to find their exact locations within the property. The longer we're there, the more likely we'll get caught".

"We probably have a better shot during the carnival then".

"Carnival?".

"Yeah, the company is celebrating it's 100th anniversary this weekend. We could go as guests, and then sneak through the property later that day".

"I'll probably be free this weekend..".

"Ok great! Just tell (Y/N) and then the three of us can go together".

"Um..", Kurapika replied as he glanced over at her.

"She'll be fine! It's not like we'll be going after the Troupe, she's just as capable as us! Probably more capable than me if we're being real technical".

"What are you two talking about?", (Y/N) asked after a brief yawn.

"Just ask her now, she's awake".

"That was rhetorical, I already heard a lot. You guys were really loud", she replied as she stretched out her arms.

"Sorry about that", Kurapika replied with a nervous laugh.

"Well you don't have to ask me twice. Of course I'll help you!", she explained.

"See! She wants to help, so let her. I'll purchase the tickets and then we can plan from there. We only have tomorrow, then we go straight to the carnival. I'll book a hotel room for myself nearby the Nostrade Estate. The factory isn't too far from there, so I figured we can all go in the same vehicle".

"That's alright, we'll meet up in your hotel room to finalize the plan. I'll continue to research the about the property and gather that information for tomorrow. We'll meet you then", Kurapika replied.

"Later".

"Are you sure you want to go?", he asked after he hung up the phone.

"Mhm, I want to help you in any way I can. Plus, it's better than being stuck here. Especially since it's going to be super boring around here for a while", she replied.

The boy gifted her a brief, yet soft smile, then asked, "Do you want to go to town for a bit? We could kill some time before I get to my work".

"Mhm, I'll meet you downstairs in an half an hour. And thanks for letting me crash in your bed again!", she replied a with a chuckle as she walked back to her own room.

~