Chapter 54: Sweet Reunions

"We're here", Killua said as he entered the room.

He was holding his sister in his arms while she was sleeping, while Canary, Amane and Tsubone followed him inside as well. The two sat beside us, while the butlers stood guard.

We were all silent until Alluka had woken up a few minutes later.

"Good morning", Killua greeted his sister.

"Where are we?", she questioned.

"At a hospital. A friend of ours is here, and he's really sick. I want to help him feel better, which is why were here", he explained to her.

"So I have to switch back to Nanika? That's unfair, I never spend much time with you", she replied.

"But we will spend more time together. That's a promise because from now on, things will be different", Killua replied with a smile.

"Please", he begged.

Nanika had awakened again and was escorted to Gon's bedside by Kil. I wanted to follow him, but I didn't want Max to see what had really become of Gon. It was hard for Killua to take it in again on his own.

"Please Nanika, heal my friend Gon", Killua asked her.

"'Kay".

The amount of negative aura emitted from Gon was unimaginable. I knew it was bad but damn.. what the hell did you do to yourself Gon?

I looked over at Max, and she appeared to be in distress. She was covering her ears.

"Max, what's wrong?", I asked her.

"It.. hurts", she replied as her eyes were flickering.

"Let's get out of here then", I replied as I picked her up.

I immediately ran out of the building to the best of my ability with one of my crutches and she appeared to be better. However, that emission kept going on for minutes. MINUTES.

A car pulled up and Ma came out of passenger's side.

"What the hell is this?!", she asked.

"It's Gon", I replied.

I could tell she had trouble believe all of this was sourced by him.

"It doesn't matter, we just need to get away from it. It's dangerous for Maxine to be exposed to this amount of aura", River had yelled from the driver's side.

~

"So, where exactly are we going?", I asked.

"Headquarters. We have an election to participate in", Pa explained.

Shit, I had almost completely forgot about that.

On the plus side, I finally had the chance to check anything on my phone from Kurapika. But.. nothing. No messages? I kept sending updates earlier but I kept getting left on delivered. I can't help but be worried about him. I had stopped updating him right before I left the hospital to go to Killua's place. He should know what has become of Gon. So, why isn't he here?

Once we arrived, we entered a large room filled with people, who were supposedly almost every hunter in the world. Everyone had turned their heads towards me and whispered to each other.

What the hell?

"(Y/N)!", I heard Leorio yell from a microphone on stage below.