Chapter 50: Scarred

Meteor City is a fairly large enough place to get lost in. I was confused from moments here and there until I reached that street. That was the street I remembered the most. That's where me and that girl spent most of our time in. Come to think of it, I never quite got her name..

Besides that, chaos ensued everywhere we turned. The ants had almost taken over the entire city. We were lucky enough to be found by other hunters who were in charge of taking them down. Even so, there was no real escape without any kind of fight.

~

As much as we didn't want to, we got caught in the whole war with the Chimera ants. This meant that mission to Kukuroo mountain was delayed. On top of all that, Pa got hurt, but he's expected to make a full recovery.

And thank fucking god for that.

I haven't been scared like that in a long time. Ma reassured me that he'll be ok, and that he's endured worse in the years I haven't existed yet. She described him as someone who "literally can't die", which I found intriguing.

We were involved with all of this during the last week of their reign. Gon and Killua were involved with this crisis for much longer. I only saw them once during that one-week span. I hope they're alright..

"Hey, I'm going to take walk around. I need to clear my head. Do you want anything?", I asked Ma.

"I'm alright, are you?", she asked.

"Yeah.. I just need a moment. Keep watching Pa?", I asked.

"I'll let you know when he wakes up. Take your time Hon", she replied.

I left the hospital room to get out of those thoughts, but I shortly got another one.

Maybe I should try calling him again..

...

No answer. Again. Now I'm starting to get worried. I made a mental note to message and/or call Melody to express my concerns, then I just continued on to what I was originally doing. Surely enough, I turned at the corner and begin to worry again. I had found Killua, crying.

"Killua..?", I questioned with concern as I rushed towards him.

"I was just about to call you", he replied as he quickly wiped his tears away.

"What happened? And where's Gon?", I asked him as he stood straight.

He didn't reply anything verbally. Instead, he led me into the room on the other side of the wall, with the big glass window showing a dimly lit room with a large hospital bed. My heartbeat increased each step I took closer to the bed.

"Oh my god..", was all I uttered out of my mouth right before I shut it with my hand.

My heart's never dropped that quickly before.

I barely recognized him.

I begun to feel the tears stream down my own face. I so desperately wanted to ask what had happened, but he couldn't utter a single detail without breaking down. Killua breaking down. Silent, but still there. I never saw that coming.. I suppose he really does have a soft spot for Gon. I mean, who wouldn't have one for their best friend?

The moment was interrupted when I got a phone call from Ma.

"Hey, your Pa just woke up-", she responded from the other end before she was cut off.

"Hey kiddo! Your Ma said you're not your brightest, but I just wanted to tell you that I'm alright now! Feel free to take your time coming back though. Just bring me back something to munch on, will ya?", Pa ranted on about.