Chapter 11: The Plan

"Ok, they don't know that you guys know each other. Just keep your distance from the memory reader", said Leorio.

"I- We've also have been in contact with Hisoka", replied Kurapika.

"With Hisoka? You AND (Y/N)?", asked Gon.

"He knows that I'm the chain user as well, but I'm not sure if he knows that (Y/N) was with me during the fight. His target was the leader of the Phantom Troupe, but he's dead and gone now. So, I have no idea what he'll do", replied Kurapika.

"He was the one who first informed me about why the Troupe has her. But I still don't know what special ability she has", I replied.

"Ability?", asked Leorio.

"Yes. The only reason the Troupe has my 3-year-old is because apparently she was born with a superhuman ability. And it's not related with nen", I answered.

"But what do we do now? We all know about Kurapika's secret. It's dangerous to just wait now. We also can't let them know how our friend is connected to Maxine. If Gon and I get captured again, we won't be able to escape. We're all together now, so we need to take them out before they can recover or run away. We know where their current base is, and we know Maxine is in there too. If we take too long, they'll use that chance to run away. That means we need to move fast", explained Killua.

"The woman who reads memories is a huge threat to us, but now that their leader is dead, I'll do what Gon suggested and recover my brethrens' eyes", replied Kurapika.

"Seriously? Are you sure about this?!", said Killua.

"It's fine Kil, it's obvious he made up his mind. I'll just-", I said before I get a message on my phone. "It's from Hisoka-".

I dropped my phone on the floor in shock.

"(Y/N)?! What's wrong?!", asked Kurapika.

His phone then got a message as well.

The Corpses Were Fake..

"What's wrong?", asked Gon.

"The corpses were fake", both Kurapika and I said in unison.

"You mean the Troupe members?", Leorio said with a voice crack.

"Yeah, the ones we thought were dead aren't!", yelled Kurapika. "Of course, a conjurer could've pulled that off easily".

"Shit! Shit! Shit!", I yelled in a panic.

"What do we do now? The situation has changed", said Killua.

"Yeah, we're here to help now", said Gon.

"Yeah", Leorio said as he nodded.

Kurapika gets a phone call from a voice that sounded like Melody. Once he ends the call he replies, "The hunt for the Spiders has been called off and the reward has been rescinded. And the Phantom Troupe comes from Meteor City".

"Seriously? I guess it makes sense. Their identities are still unknown, and the cops haven't caught them yet. would explain all of that", said Leorio.

"What's Meteor City?", asked Gon.

"A place populated by people who don't exist, for all intents and purposes", replied Leorio.

"There's a whole city like that?", said Gon.

"Yeah. Officially, the town has a population of zero, but it's said that there are at least ten million people who live there. It started off as a dump over 1,500 years ago. You were allowed to dump anything there. Trash, weapons and even people were dumped there. I've heard people from Meteor City share a bond thinner than water, yet thicker than blood", said Leorio.