Chapter 30: Late Night Talks - The Party • IV

"What?!", Melody replied in shock.

"Ok, I know that sounds.. odd to say it so brief like that, but that's technically what happened. We thought there was some other suspicious activity involving him", I replied.

"But are you ok though? He was saying some pretty nasty things to you", Kurapika explained.

"So? It's not the first time he's done that", I reply with a slight chuckle.

"But-", Leorio said.

"GUYS! I'm fine, I just watched someone get assassinated. I froze because of the way it happened. I process things weirdly, but I'm fine now. Plus, at least we don't have to worry about him anymore", I replied.

"I guess.. but he said a lot to you", Kurapika said as he held my hand.

"Words can't hurt you unless they come from someone you love. What he said was nothing more than just words. I don't love him at all, not in any way I love the three of you", I replied with a smile. "Let's get back to work".

"Ok, but we're still staying close. We don't know what else they could be up to. Illumi could be done, but Hisoka is full of surprises", Kurapika explained.

"Fine by me", I replied.

Around an hour later of working for a bit, I stood besides the bar to take a quick break.

"(Y/N)? That's your name, right?", one of the brothers asked as he stood besides me.

"Correct. Kaimen?", I asked.

"Kaiyō", he replied.

"Oh, my bad", I replied with a slight chuckle

"You seem a little off tonight, is everything alright?", he asked.

"Yes, I'm ok", I replied.

"You were one of the five who survived through the auction?".

"Mhm. Those were crazy times", I replied.

"I figured. With that, plus your extra experience, you're basically my senior", he explained.

"I guess so. To be completely honest, I never really thought about that. I thought it was just Kurapika", I replied.

"How is he like? We don't interact much, but when we do he scares me", he replied.

"He scares you?", I asked in a surprised tone. "Yeah, he was quite intimatading when we first met. I wouldn't blame you for believing that", I explain in a slight chuckle.

"What about now?", he questioned.

"Now?", I questioned.

"Yeah, what is he like now?", he asked.

"Oh, um- well..", I replied as I felt my face begin to heat up.

"Yo", Kaimen said walking towards us.

"Did you win?", asked Kaiyō.

"Sure did, I already gave the money to Kurapika", replied Kaimen.

"Speaking of Kurapika, she was actually going to explain what he's like", said he replied.

"Ooh~ We don't know much about him, but he does scare the two of us a bit", Kaimen explained.

"So, what is he like?", Kaiyō asked once again.

"..well-", I replied.

"Hey guys! What are you talking about?", Basho said as he met with the rest of us.