Chapter 10: Meeting with Friends

Kurapika calls Mr. Nostrade to inform him of the auction, and what had happened to the leader of the Phantom Troupe. At this point, I couldn't speak for myself. So much was happening all at once. He started bidding on the eyes.

He won them at 2.9 billion jenny. He had been in a war between the man who kept mocking us. His name was Benji.

Once the eyes were packaged for us, Kurapika held them as we headed back.

"Do you want me to hold them?", I asked.

"I'll take care of them, wait for me here", he replied.

He headed into the bathroom and this is when I decided to message Gon, since Kurapika wouldn't tell me what had happened. I found out that him and Killua were taken hostage by the Troupe at one point, but managed to escape. They also found their hideout. I asked if they had seen a toddler there, and they said they did. However is was only part of her, because she was hiden behind a member. I informed him that I'll explain about her later and then stopped replying to his messages. Kurapika walked out of the bathroom, and then we start walking out on our way back.

"You bastards!", yelled Benji. "You really think you won?!", he yelled once again as he pulls out a gun on us.

Really dude?

Before I could take out mine, Kurapika whispered to me, "Don't. Just keep walking".

"Move", he told Benji. "Don't tempt me right now. I don't care who I lash out at", he tells him as using his Scarlet Eyes. He must have removed his contacts in the bathroom earlier.

We both continued walking as Benji just stood there in fear.

We made it to the hospital and Kurapika handed over the eyes to Neon. I looked over to him and I could tell he wanted to cry. To be honest, I did as well. We walked out of the room to meet with the other bodyguards, and Mr. Nostrade informed us we'll be heading back to the hotel once Neon's condition improves. We were also told to accompany Neon on her shopping trip later. I put my hand on Kurapika's shoulder, and we were both shaking a bit. Melody looked over and noticed us. Once Mr. Nostrade dismissed us both Kurapika and I sit down on a couch.

"Hey you two, don't worry about the auction and the shopping trip. We'll handle it ourselves. You should get some rest ok".

"I think I will. Thanks", replied Kurapika as he starts to walk away.

I stayed quiet and still sat there.

"Is he really ok?", asked Basho. "How about you (Y/N)?".

I didn't say anything, however I felt a tear run down my face right after he said that. I quickly got up and ran up to the roof for fresh air. I wanted to bawl my eyes out. I've been too busy with other things to even focus on Maxine. I sat on floor and started to silently cry. However, that didn't last long. The city just looked so peaceful, despite everything that had just happened.

"(Y/N)..", said Kurapika.

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know you were up here. I'll just come back another time-", I said.

He sat down with me and gave me hug. "I'm so sorry (Y/N), I've been too focused on my objective that I forgot about helping you out as well".

"It's fine, I even forgot about her for while myself. I'm more worried about you right now, I can see it all in your eyes", I replied.

"I'm meeting with Gon and Killua tomorrow. You should come with me, I'm sure they'd love to see you again", he explained after a sigh.

"That sounds nice. This job gets me lost so often, I'd love to escape from it for a bit. But anyways, I should start heading back to the hotel now", I replied.