Chapter 45: A Teacher & A Student

It was now sunset, and everyone who had attended Kurapika's birthday picnic had wished their farewells and parted their ways. Well, at least Leorio and Melody had left by now. Killua still wanted answers from (Y/N) about Maxine, and Gon was just simply with him as always.

"Now, what exactly did you want to ask me?", the girl asked once after she closed the trunk.

"What's the current status on Maxine? I know that your parents were inside the game for reasons relating to her. Now that we've cleared it, could you tell us?", Killua asked.

"I suppose I can", she shrugged as she leaned against the car. Letting out a sigh, then crossing her arms, she replied, "Well for starters, the reason I didn't want you guys to know the full truth was because I didn't want to scare you two".

"Scare us? How so?", Killua questioned.

"The Troupe was inside the game the entire time", she replied.

"The Troupe?!", both boys exclaimed in shock.

"Mhm, now do you see why I didn't want you to know?", she replied.

"Wait, so why are they there anyways?", Gon questioned.

"Well at first, it was just for fun right after they stole a copy and console from the auction. Shortly after, it became "Troupe business", though that seems to be none of our business as of now. But because this is said, "Troupe business", Maxine was brought inside the game with them. Long story short, Ma is using her nen to spy and keep track on Maxine", she explained.

"And they haven't been caught?!", Killua questioned in shock.

"Don't underestimate her abilities. Besides, unless they can find the perfect time to rescue her from the Troupe, they're just spying as of now. They're also documenting anything they discover about her ability. Unfortunately though, nothing much has been discovered about that yet", she further explained.

"So what do you guys know?", Gon asked.

"The members seem to be taking turns watching over Maxine. As of March 23rd, she was under the care of member #4", she answered.

"So Hisoka was replaced?", Killua asked.

"Yeah, he was apparently replaced by some kid who goes by the name of Kalluto", she explained.

"Kalluto?", Killua replied as his eyes slightly widened.

"Do you know them?", Kurapika asked.

"Kalluto is my younger brother's name! Did your parents give you a description of him?", Killua asked.

"Hm.. they said he was around eleven to twelve years old? Oh! And, he's known to hide well in the shadows, but that all I know right now", she replied.

"Does that match with your brother at all?", asked Gon.

"It sure does. Now, why the hell did he join the Troupe? It would make a little more sense if Illumi joined, but why him?", Killua asked

"No clue, but I'm sorry you had to find out this way", (Y/N) replied with.

"You have nothing to be sorry for", Killua replied as he scratched the back of his head. "Now I'm considering if I should make contact with my family again..".

"Don't you like.. low-key hate them though? No one's making you, plus Maxine's situation isn't yours to solve", she said.

"It's not that, plus Kalluto is a sibling I can actually tolerate. I'm curious if my parents and grandfather know about this", he explained.

"Why is that?", Kurapika questioned.

"Because I'm pretty sure they hate the Phantom Troupe. I'm not too sure what their grudges are, but I can't imagine them allowing this to happen so easily", he answered.