Chapter 7: Capture and Escape

I'm now in a car with Kurapika as the driver this time. Melody is in the front with him and I'm squished in between Squala and the Spider he captured.

"Hey driver. You don't think these chains can hold me, do you?", said the spider. "Kill me now or you'll regret it. I promise you that".

"Quiet-", said Kurapika but I later accidently cut him off.

"Shut up", I said.

"What's a little lady like you being involved with the mafia business?", he asked me.

"That's none of your concern, now shut up", I replied.

"What's wrong hon? You seem to be-", the spider said before he stopped speaking.

Kurapika had then tightened his nen chains. The spider than groaned in pain.

"I thought we told you to be quiet!", shouted Kurapika.

"Kurapika! Be careful! Watch the road!", Melody yelled.

"Damn, not only are you annoying, but you're creepy as well. Seriously dude, pick a struggle", I said to the Spider. "I say you're actually pretty lucky right now". I giggled for a bit as he only continued to grunt in pain.

"Kurapika! Watch the road!", I screamed. "Ugh, Melody be ready to take the wheel please".

Kurapika only continued to stare at the Spider with rage. Melody was on the phone with Dalzollene.

"It looks like we got a tail", Dalzollene informed us.

"A tail? But how?", replied Kurapika. "Unless-".

The blonde looked over to the Spider and begun to use Gyo, so I did the same.

"There's a thread attached to him! It's made of nen!", I said. "It's on his right calf". I removed the needle and pass it over to Squala, who then threw it out of the window. Shortly after, we lost the car that was following us.

"Let's get back to the city", said Dalzollene.

"Roger that", replied Kurapika.

"We'll switch the location to pattern C, and we don't want this one putting up a fight. We'll need muscle relaxants and sleeping gas prepared just in case", Melody informed him.

"I can take care of the sleeping gas", I explained. "It's my second ability".

"That will definitely be a big help. Be prepared to use that (Y/N)", said Kurapika. "As a matter of fact, could you use it now?"

"I can. I suggest you guys cover you mouths though, just in case. This ability hasn't been fully mastered", I replied.

I put my hands over his mouth and activated my nen. I hummed the lullaby that released my purple sleeping gas. Luckily, I had full control of it this time.

"He should stay knocked out for a least an hour", I said.

"Thank you (Y/N), that should be long enough", replied Kurapika.

"Did you write that lullaby? It's very beautiful", asked Melody.

"I did, and thank you. I composed it around four years ago", I replied.

I wrote that lullaby for Maxine, and I would hum it to her every night. That was the only way I could get her to sleep. That's how I thought of this ability. Every time I hum it now, I can't help but think of her. And her gorgeous platinum eyes.

We arrived to the city at Hotel Beitacle. About an hour has passed and the Spider has now regained his consciousness. All of us were standing around him, as he was restrained.