Chapter 21: The Masquerade Ball

~ Friday, October 31st, 5:45 pm ~

"Neon, I think this is a bit much. Sure I want to look nice, but at the same time, I don't want to stand out either", I explain to Neon.

"But still! This is all going to look stunning on you!", she squealed.

"NEON!!".

^ this is the dress you got (in whatever color you wish), you get long silk gloves and choose your jewelry

(also the dress has pockets to hold your pendant)

"I'm done. Don't you like it?", she asked me.

I stood up and looked in the full length mirror she had kept in her closet.

Holy shit..

"Ok, I do actually kinda like this", I responded with.

"Of course you do, I did your hair and makeup. Plus, I basically completed the rest of your look", she explained.

"I just hope I don't stand out from everyone else. I really don't want any extra attention onto me", I say nervously.

"Oh (Y/N), you'll be fine! Trust me, there will be fancier mafia people there, so you won't be the only one at the very least", she responds with.

"I guess I'll take that", I replied with a sigh.

"Yeah, plus don't you want to look nice for him?", she said.

"I'm sorry- WHO NOW?!", I asked in shock. What the hell was she talking about?

"Kurapika, duh. I mean, don't you like him?", she asked.

"What? No Neon, he's just a friend. Where did you get that idea from?", I ask her.

"That's not important. Plus, don't you have to leave like.. right now?", she explained pointing to the clock.

"Shit-", I said as I quickly grabbed my things.

"Anyways, I'll finish getting ready and Eliza will take me to the ball once it starts", she said to me.

"Ok, I need to run over to the others. Thanks again", I say before shutting her bedroom door.

I took off the heels I had on and grabbed my dress, then I start to run downstairs to meet with Melody, Basho and Linssen as planned.

The four of us were told to greet the guests as they entered the estate. We were told that this process shouldn't take any longer than two hours at most.

"Perfect timing, the first vehicle just showed up", Basho stated.

I then catch my breathe and quickly put my shoes on before anyone can enter the estate.

"Neon did a great job once again. You look lovely tonight", said Melody.

"Thanks Mel", I replied with a slight chuckle.