Chapter 24: "First" Dates

Where the hell am I? It's pitch black, and raining in a city I've never seen before. From a distance, there's only one single street light on.. and.. is that Maxine? I know that pink kimono from anywhere..

"Help..".

"What?".

"..help".

"What happened?".

Her hands were black, and whatever it was, it spreading through her arms.

^ (imagery ✌)

"Help".

"How?".

"Help".

"I don't know how I can unless you tell me how".

"Help".

"...".

"..help me please".

She then grabbed my hand, and it was turning black just like hers.

"What's going on?".

"I'm sorry!".

"What's going on?".

She then quickly let go my hand, but that didn't fix anything.

"I'm sorry..".

"What can I do?".

She looked up towards me, and her eyeballs are gone.

Blood.. blood is everywhere now.

"Did the Spiders do this to you?!".

"...huh?".

Was this what Kurapika saw? The eyes plucked out of all of his family members, his entire clan? I can barely look at one person like this..

"Help.. me..".

I can't. I sorry Maxine. I really want to, but I can't. I don't know how. I don't know much about your power. I'm sorry. I'm really, really sorry...

~

~ 9:53 am ~

"(Y/N)?".

She woke up, but she hasn't moved. It's almost as if she's paralyzed in fear.. and I think she is. Her eyes are wide open, and she looks like she's just seen a ghost.

"What happened?".

Her grip tightened as she continued to hold on to the sheets, and she didn't respond back.

I pulled her closer to me, and held her tight to calm her down. Her breathing was loud at first, but it became more quiet once she held me back. It looked like she wanted to cry, but not a single tear traveled down her face.