Chapter 16: Her..

It's 6 am the next day, and it's still a bit dark out. I changed into something suitable for work and head downstairs.

 I changed into something suitable for work and head downstairs

^ yes 😍 (plus your amethyst pendant)

I head to the dining hall, which is where me and my co-workers would eat our meals. I see everyone here, except for Kurapika.

"Good morning (Y/N)", said Melody.

"Good morning Melody", I replied with a smile.

The Nostrades had a bunch of chefs that they would pay to feed the bodyguards. It was basically a buffet, and the dining hall had a bunch of tables for us to choose where to sit at. I grabbed some food and sat by myself at one of the smaller tables in the hall. Once after I finished eating, Kurapika still wasn't here. I just sat there by myself, chilling on my phone for about ten minutes, before I finally see Kurapika walk into the hall. He wasn't looking very good at all, and I was able to see his eyebags from a mile away. My table was closest to the entrance so I'm pretty sure no else besides me saw him in this state.

"Good morning (Y/N). How did you sleep?", Kurapika asked.

"Good morning Pika. I slept ok, and I think it's obvious you couldn't sleep at all last night", I replied.

He sighed and then pulled out a chair from the same table I was sitting at, and sat in front of me as he put his head down. I had noticed he was also wearing his pendant as well.

"Are you going to eat?", I asked him.

"No, I'll be fine. I'll just wait until lunch", he answered.

"You said you were fine last night, and now you look dead", I replied.

"No really (Y/N), I'll be fine-", he said.

I think got out of my chair and walk towards the buffet and grabbed some fruit for him. It was just a small bowl and I wanted to make sure he ate something this morning. I then walk back over and sit down at the same area, then I placed the bowl in front of him.

"Eat", I told him.

"(Y/N), you didn't have to-", he replied.

"Shut up and eat. I'm not going to let you starve yourself. At least have the fruit I placed in front of you, it's better than nothing", I cut him off with.

He looks over to me and I then just stare back. It was like this for a few seconds before he started to eat it. I smiled at him and then I see a familiar face walk through the doors. It was my papa.

"There you are (Y/N), how's it going?", River asked.

"Oh hey Pa, what are you doing here?", I replied.

Kurapika seemed a little confused but he didn't say anything.

"I came over to speak with Light in person, and to you as well. Your Ma is home by herself at the moment", he replied.