Chapter 44: Kurapika's Birthday

Shortly after (Y/N)'s birthday, came her boyfriend's birthday following twelve days later. On the 24th of March, Bisky and the boys officially left the game after clearing it. Bisky had already wished them farewell, and the two were left on their own once more.

The boys had already made plans for the next step on finding Gon's father. Before they departed, Gon was eager to talk with (Y/N) over the phone. Luckily for him, she was on her half-hour break from work when she recieved his call.

~ (Y/N)'s POV ~

"(Y/N)?".

"Gon?".

"(Y/N)!! It's been so long now! Killua told me you two are dating a couple of weeks ago, and your parents mentioned that you guys went on a double date! How was that?".

"It was nice, and definitely a surprise that they came to visit for the day. I'm pretty sure both Kurapika and I were nervous to break the news, but it all worked out in the end".

"We talked with them for a little while when they came back, and they're really happy for you two. They both seem to really like Kurapika!".

"Well that's definitely a good thing, especially for him. He was totally worrying about trying to make a good impression".

"That's probably the most.. normal problem he's had in a long time. Sometimes I forget that the two of you are still technically teenagers. Legal, but still teenagers. You just turned nineteen, right?".

"Correct".

"And doesn't Kurapika turn nineteen soon?".

"Yeah, do you have plans on the fourth of April?".

"Nothing set yet. Are you planning something?".

"I've been working on it, but I was hoping his closest friends could be involved with whatever we do".

"Of course we'll be there! But.. where exactly?".

"I'm still trying to figure that out. He doesn't talk a whole lot about himself, and I'm scared to ask more about what he used to do in his early childhood.. you know..?".

"That's ok, I'm sure we can think of something".

"What did you guys used to do together?".

"Well.. we took the exam together and saved Killua. That's.. really it if you don't include the time we were in Yorknew".

"Oh.. well you four are in need of some time together".

"Haha.. yeah, you're right. But you should be there too of course! So, any ideas?".

"Nothing exact, but I'd do something more on the simple side. Or, at least nothing to big. You know?".

"Yeah I get that. He's definitely more of a simple kind of guy. Your parents mentioned that you guys visit the local town once or twice a month. Aren't those kind of like your dates?".

"Pretty much. There's lots of stuff to do down there. What exactly are you proposing?".

"Well, maybe you should plan another date! Tell him that you're taking him out, which wouldn't sound so off, right?".