Chapter 29: The Queen of Hearts - The Party • III

"(Y/N), that pink stuff was Hisoka's nen ability", Kurapika explained.

"Wait really? Do you know where the needle is from?", I asked him in shock.

"It's Illumi's nen", he replied.

"Isn't he one of Killua's brothers?", I questioned.

"Mhm, now let's hurry and go get Leorio", he replied.

"What about Naomi?", I asked.

"We can leave her with Melody, but we need to hurry though", he answered.

"Leorio!", we both yelled as we ran over towards him.

"Yeah, what's up?", he replied.

"(Y/N), take Naomi to Melody. I'll explain what happened to him", he said.

"Wait, what's going on?", asked Naomi.

"I don't have time to explain right now, just stay with our friend until further notice", I explain grabbing her arm and running towards Melody.

"Hey Mel, can you accompany Naomi while we take care of something?", I ask her.

"Sure, I don't mind. It must be important", she replied.

"Thank you, see you later!" I said running towards the staircase as I follow Kurapika and Leorio.

"Why the hell are they messing with him?!", asked Leorio as we all continue to run downstairs.

"I have no idea..", I replied.

"Illumi is an assassin, and if it was just him, then my assumption would be was that he was commissioned to assassinate him. However, that guess is thrown off because Hisoka is involved. He isn't an assassin", explained Kurapika.

"But do you really think he's going to kill him?", Leorio asked.

"As of right now, that possibility is very likely. However there's still a high chance that it could be something more suspicious", he replied.

"People who are commissioned to get assassinated are usually people who have certain reputations or grudges. That said, I wasn't the only person he messed with. He tried killing someone before and I'm pretty sure he murdered someone right after I ran away", I explained.

"And I can confirm that information is correct", Hisoka said as we had just reached the bottom of the stairwell.

He was messing with his deck of cards, and gave each of us a creepy smile.

"You didn't happen to commission this, did you?", he asked looking at me.

"No, why?", I replied.

"Well considering what he did, and you being the only victim I knew, it was definitely a possibility. It actually would've been quite interesting if you were the one to do so", he replied.

He then looks over to Kurapika with the same smirk as he widen his eyes.

"Was it you?", he asked.

"No? Why would it be me?", Kurapika questioned.

"Maybe for your girlfriend?", he replied as he points to me.

"How the hell do you know they're dating? Are you stalking us?!", Leorio yelled.

"No, I just happened to see them kiss on the rooftop", he answered wth a slight chuckle.

"How much longer do I have to wait? I don't want to waste anymore of my energy on this low-life", Illumi said as he walked out of the janitor's closet besides us.