Chapter 35: Familiar - Scarlet Bound • III

~ Leorio's POV ~

"Don't you think we should go inside right now?", I asked.

"No, we are not to proceed unless (Y/N) directs us", Kurapika replied.

I didn't argue with Kurapika since he already seemed pretty anxious. It would be a lie if I told myself I wasn't nervous at all. Even so, (Y/N) is a lot more capable compared to me, which makes me feel more confident about this plan.

We were hiding behind a bush right at the side of the mansion, as we wait for her to give us permission to enter. She gave both of us a suit, however Kurapika's was a little big on him, but he managed to make it work.

~

"Mr. Nutlocke wants each and every one of the new maids to serve everyone's meals", Lady Janine instructed.

Another maid raised her hand. "Will his wife be attending the dinner as well?", she asked.

"Yes, she will be arriving with Mr. Nutlocke together. I believe by now she's either wrapping up her show or coming up here this moment", Janine answered. "All of the guests will be entering the dining hall in around ten minutes. I'll be heading down to check if they're all cleared from the list".

Does she mean list as in a guest list? I guess I'm sneaking them in during the dinner..

Shortly after Lady Janine left, she came back and led the guests to their seats. All of us served their plates just as instructed. I was definitely sensing something off around here..

James then later walked inside the room with his arm linked with Naomi's. The more I examined their body language, the more depressing their energy radiates. It definitely seems like that action was forced. There was no love shared between the two of them, or at least not anymore. Their eyes said it all.

I served Naomi and once I did, I was definitely aware that she didn't want to be here. Honestly, I wouldn't blame her. Generally, the whole vibe I'm getting from this event is quite unsettling. Mr. Nutlocke started presenting a speech, or I suppose it was more like a toast. That was my time to sneak away from here. I slowly started moving my way back to the door without drawing anyone's attention. Once I heard them starting to cheer, I was out.

Nancy Greene is no more.

~
Calling..
~

"Well?", Kurapika asked on the other line.

"There was a guest list. Everyone is already in the dining room. I already snuck away from there, and I don't plan on going back over there as Nancy", I replied.

"Don't worry about that, your work is done. Thank you Darling, now just sneak us in go we can grab the eyes and get out if here".

"Are you still where I told you to stay?", I asked as I felt my face warm up.

"Mhm, we're behind a large bush next to the small tree", he answered.

I found the two of them right where he claimed they were. They had changed into the suits I brought for them, although I'm not sure how useful they will be at this point. Without thinking much about it, I was successful bringing them inside the house.