Chapter 19 - Hold on, I still want you

YOUR POV

Music was playing and a large crowd was gathered once we reached the quidditch pitch. The champions are going to move forward from here to their third and final task. My parents were there in the crowd I just didn't know where, and I was too scared to find out either.

I could only imagine how scared Ced must be if it was becoming hard for me to breathe.

Professor Dumbledore came on the field when the champions emerged." Earlier today Professor Moody placed the Triwizard's cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now as Mr. Diggory..." the crowd cheered loudly for Ced.

"And Mr. Potter tied for the first position they will be the first to enter the maze. Followed by Mr. Krum. The first person to touch the cup will be the winner. I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter, if at any point should a contestant wishes to withdraw from the task he or she needs only to send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants, gather round."

Professor Dumbledore turned to the contestant before continuing." In the maze, you'll find not dragons or creatures of the deep. Instead, you'll face something more challenging. You see, people change in the maze. Oh! find the cup if you can, but be very weary you could just lose yourselves along the way.

"You have 10 minutes, " Professor moody announced. Ron and Hermione went to Harry, Krum's father came beside him and I sprinted towards my brother.

I hit Ced's arm lightly "I've been looking everywhere for you, where were you?"

"Ow," he fake gasped, pretending to be hurt." Professor Dumbledore wanted us to do something and it's kind of for you. Anyway, this is it al-"

"Cedric! "Father hugged him tightly and Ced made a gesture of mock choking towards me ." My excellent boy, are you ready to win?"

"I- dad, can I have a moment alone with y/n?"

Father eyed me with disgust before nodding and leaving.

"Woah, that was harsh, " Ced joked once dad was out of our hearing range.

"How are you feeling? You don't have to do this if-"

"Merlin, I'm fine," Ced cut me off but when I eyed him with I'm not believing your bullshit gaze. He signed knowing he can't get out of this and continued, "I'm scared to lose. I sometimes feel like if I'm not good enough. Father would be ashamed of me,"

"Hey, you're talking to the Diggory disgrace you could never do anything that would let you beat me. So do this thing for yourself, yeah? Win this fucking thing and come back home safe, okay?"

You know you shouldn't cuss in front of your big brother. I should tell dad and lower your already negative score in his eyes," Ced joked.

"Can we go back to when you were telling me you're scared and shitting your pants?"I retorted and both of us started laughing.

He wrapped his arms around my shoulder and hugged me. I tightened my hand around his torso." Hey, if I didn't know any better I would say you're jealous of me. But I get it I'm the better looking Diggory,"

"Sod off, Ced, "I nudged my arm lightly on his back.

"Okay, I have got to go, Diggory disgrace, "Ced broke our embrace with a smirk on his face that made us forget about our fears for that moment.

"Ouch," I fake gasped holding my hand towards my chest.

Ced chuckled before kissing me on my forehead ." I'm kidding. See you later, I love you."

"Hey, your sappiness is showing, golden boy. See you soon!" I stated loudly to his retreating form, and he turned around and waved before joining Harry for the final task.