Chapter 53 - Yours (18+)

7 years later

PANSY'S POV

The only constant thing in our life is fear. It's scary to think about that one day everything might perish from our grasp but fear, fear would still remain. But this morbid thought wasn't meant for a day like today — the day I was going to marry the woman of my dreams.

Each phase of our lives seemed unachievable, but once we attain it, and move on to the next phase. The next phase seemed tougher. It was hilarious if you think about life. At the age of 11, I was terrified of getting into a house that wasn't Slytherin. At the age of 15, I was scared about the OWLs because I had been lagging in studies that year. At the age of 19, losing the love of my life was the most horrendous thought ever. At the age of 21, starting a bakery with my girlfriend made me the most scared.

And at the age of 27 as I stood at this altar, waiting for the love of my life to walk in. This made me feel the most terrified ever. And as much as it scared me, it also made me feel alive. She made me feel alive.

Maybe weddings were my thing after all.

After Poppy's wedding, I decided to take my time. I wanted us to be settled before I popped up the question. And I asked her once the bakery was set up and we had a few regulars. With a little nudge from Draco's social media, we gained tons of customers.

Draco, my best man, stood beside me as I patiently waited for my bride to walk through the door. We decided to have a small ceremony. It was just our friends, her parents and the priest.

The orchestral music started playing and immediately my eyes went to the door from where she was going to walk in. After what felt like a second and an hour at the same time, Y/N walked in.

Her gaze instantly landed on me and she beamed at me. My breath hitched as I looked at her fully. Murderous, truly.

Tears brimmed at the corner of my eyes at the thought that I was hereI was here getting married to her — and after some time that I couldn't keep track of, she was in front of me. Immediately, I stretched my palms for her and she gently placed her hands in mine.

Did I tell you how gorgeous she was? Yeah, I was going to marry this woman.

I tried to hold back the tears that were threatening to spill. And I could see her struggling to do the same as the priest said something about joining us as one forever.

I didn't listen to anything he said, I was too focused on the woman standing in front of me. Besides, he couldn't tell me anything that I wasn't planning on doing anyway.

I heard him saying cherish. Cherish her? I was and would continue to cherish her more than his words could comprehend. I didn't think there was a word yet for how much I felt for her because our love was unfathomable.

We decided to do our own vows, so I began once the priest became quiet. I looked at y/n intensely as I began, "Growing up, my mother told me that I was supposed to marry a pureblood man and be his trophy wife. She told me that's how she met my dad and that's what love is. You benefit from each other until you die. And I remember thinking — what a horrible thing love is. And I thought that what love was. Until I met you," A tear slipped down my eyes and I collected myself before speaking. "You made me realize that love is none of those things. Love is patient, kind, and so, so beautiful that now that I'm in love with you that's everything to me," I felt her knuckles brushing off the wetness of my face and I reckoned that I was crying now. "All I ever want is to be in love with you. And Merlin, Y/N, I'm so in love with you and I know it my bones we would never be horrible. We would always grow, like our love. And I can't wait to build a life with you."