Part 1

It's been over two years since I left the Avengers and I haven't looked back.
Working closely with new agents and leading a whole branch was everything to me. I never knew I needed it but it helped me so much.
I had worked through the kidnapping with some help and I was feeling good although I did have some new problems arise.

It was a normal working day for me, I would arrive at my office around 8am and work through some paperwork for the day, I had training scheduled between 10 and 3 which I enjoyed.
The new recruits didn't know I was Sonny, they just thought I was a shield agent. I liked being just me, no expectations from anyone or people wishing I could show them things  
I was sat working before my training sessions when there's a knock at my door
Y/N- come in
James- Good morning Y/N, there's someone waiting for you in the conference room
Y/N- who?
James- Director Fury
Y/N- arrange for all my classes to be covered

Immediately I grab my things and head to the conference room. Fury didn't do visits, he would send his minions if he wanted to check on me but this was different and I could feel it.
Y/N- Director, it's good to see you again
Fury- You too, you've done a fine job here
Y/N- Thank you Sir, may I ask why you are here?
Fury- I need your help
Y/N- what can I do for you?
Fury- Natasha Romanoff is missing
Y/N- what?
Fury- she was sent on a long term mission with scheduled check ins and she hasn't been heard from.
Y/N- how long?
Fury- too long, I've had a team on it but they can't find her. You are trained to do this so I need you

I hadn't seen Natasha since the day I left, my heart skipped a beat when I heard her name and I didn't know what to do
Y/N- yeah whatever you need
Fury- what do you need?
Y/N- what do I need? Urm okay, I need the mission files as well as all her reports. All communications sent and received as well as the information about the people she was dealing with
Fury- Done. Find our girl and get her home, take her back to the compound and please, don't die.
Y/N- I'll try my best Sir

Everything I needed had been sent quickly, I knew this was urgent when I realised she'd been missing for a week now. Natasha didn't do missing, she was either there or hiding.
It took me days to work through all the paperwork but I had a good understanding of what she was trying to achieve. I followed the same trail as her and put pieces together from when she went dark.

She had been tracking a new crew streaming counterfeit money into Russia in order to collapse the economy. They were smart and didn't leave much of a trail but there were fragments left behind and once pieced together, it lead to one location and that's where I was heading.
I called Fury as I was getting ready
Y/N- Director, I'm heading to a potential location. I'll check in once completed, if you don't hear from me then assume the worst.
Fury- Copy that, stay safe Y/N

I teleported myself to location and I knew this was the right place, there were two armed guards outside and I took care of them with ease.
I found an open window on the roof, I climb through it and watched down on the men
??- who are you?
He slapped Natasha hard and she wasn't going to appreciate that
Nat- I'm someone you don't mess with
Nice to see she still has an attitude, they were pushing her for information but she wasn't giving them anything. I noticed another of the men grabbing a blowtorch and the fear crossed over Nat's face.
I created 3 duplicates and changed their appearances as well as changing mine. I jumped down and attacked the men, it was tough fight but I downed them all eventually. Natasha was bleeding and needed help so I went to her straight away

Y/N- hey you're safe now, I've got you
Nat- go to hell
I have to say, I was hoping for a better reintroduction but that would do. I hadn't changed back into myself so she didn't know who I was and that was the best things for her.
She was fading in and out of consciousness so I untied her whilst dialling Fury
Y/N- I've got her
Fury- head to the compound, the Avengers aren't there. Once done, I need to see you, come to my office.
Y/N- I'll get her there and patch her up.

I hang up before teleporting us to the compound. I rush her to the medical floor and start patching her up. I place an IV in her arm because she looked dehydrated, I ran fluids as well as nutrients to help her body repair. She has a few cuts which I cleaned and stitched up.
All she really needed was sleep so I got her on the bed and let her rest. Nobody was here so I couldn't leave her alone.

I head into the medical room where all the equipment and pain killers are, her injuries were causing her pain so I thought best she have something to relieve that.
I could hear a voice talking to Nat and looked through the small window. The avengers had arrived back and all looked in shock at Nat sat there

Steve- how'd you get here?
Nat- I don't really remember, it's all just a blur
Steve- are you okay? How are you feeling?
He sits down and kisses Nat's hand, she just smiles at him
Nat- I'm fine, I just need some rest

I didn't want to deal with this so I quietly put things down on the table with written notes for Bruce.
I take one last look through the window as I see Wanda running in. She looked good and happy, I didn't want to ruin that.
I teleport to Fury's office, let's hope I'm not in trouble.