Part 55

*3 years since the snap*

Natasha and little Ben came back, I was sat on the sofa after finishing my work.
Y/N- hey little man
Ben- Mummy!
Throwing himself onto the sofa, I scooped him up into a big hug, tickling him as he giggles filled the room.
Y/N- you look tired buddy, let's get you to bed.

We tuck him in and he's out for the count, he always played so much with Steve and he loved it, we all did.
Y/N- long day?
Nat- you don't even realise, I'm trying to run what's left of the Avengers and half of them don't even care anymore.
Y/N- I'm sorry babe, maybe you just need a break

Her head is resting on my chest as we lay down on the coach, my hand gently stroking her hair.
Nat- what did I do to deserve you?
Y/N- I ask myself that all the time
I can feel her laughing, her body vibrating against mine.

*5 years since the snap*

We had gone to the compound for the day, Ben running around playing with his toys.
Natasha and Steve were in the office, talking privately.
I stood outside the office, listening to their conversation

Nat- this place gave me a family, it gave me a home. I have a family, a women I love with everything and the best child I could ever ask for but I don't deserve it. There are people who we lost 5 years ago who deserve to be here, I don't deserve to be here.

I couldn't stand there and listen to anymore. I took Ben up to our room for a nap before grabbing a bad and heading downstairs to the office
I knock on the door, they both gave me
Steve- going somewhere?
Y/N-Shield are shipping me out to sort a problem out, I won't be gone long.
Nat- be careful
Y/N- always.

I boarded the quinjet, it was only me as I prepared to take off. I could see Natasha stood watching as I waved goodbye, Ben in her arms.
I hated lying to her but this was something I had to do, it was for her after all.

It was a long flight, just over 9 hours. Luckily the quinjet is a lot quicker than most plans so it scrubbed time off.
The quinjet door opened, rain puddling outside. I grabbed my coat and an umbrella, walking to the location.
Bodies everywhere as I entered Tokyo, he had been here and I was hoping I'd caught him in time.
I rounded the corner, he had just slaughtered a defenceless man.

Y/N- you know killing all these people isn't going to bring your family back
Clint- they don't deserve to be here. My family was taken away from me and these men survived? They're murderers
Y/N- I know but what you're doing is wrong
Clint- I lost EVERYTHING!
Y/N- No you didn't. Natasha has been waiting for you, she's needed you. Her best friend left, we have a child Clint.
Clint- you do?
Y/N- yes and she's been hoping you'll come back for years now. Come with me, stop this madness.

I offer my hand out, I can see the hesitation on his face but he drops the swords, his hand taking mine.
Y/N- let's get you out of this rain and cleaned up.

Nat POV-

Y/N was lying to me. Shield hadn't sent here anywhere, I checked. Her jet had to manifest so I had no idea where she'd gone.
Was she leaving me?

Steve- she's back.
Nat- she can find me
Steve left the room and I heard her voice, as happy as ever.
A gentle knock on the door as she walks in, smiling from ear to ear
Y/N- hey
Nat- where did you go?
Y/N- it's easier to show you than tell you.

What did that mean? She drops her bags and takes my hand, leading me out of the office and towards the main room.
Clint- Hey Nat
I could feel the tears filling my eyes as Y/N nudged me forward, I ran towards him. My arms wrapped around his neck as pulled me close, she'd gone and found my best friend, the guy I'd needed for so long.
I removed my arms as stand back, looking him in his eyes. I slapped him.
Y/N- ooh that's gotta hurt
Clint- I deserve that
Y/N- and the rest.
Nat- babe, can you give us a minute?

Y/N POV-

I nodded, walking out the room to see Steve and Rhodey listening in.
Y/N- real mature guys
Rhodey- we aren't the ones who got kicked out
Y/N- fair, now where's my child?
Steve- upstairs, your room
Y/N- I'll be off then
Steve- Hey Sonny?
Y/N- yeah?
Steve- this will mean the world to her so thank you
Y/N- I'd do anything for her.

I wandered upstairs to my room, Ben asleep on the bed as I lay down next to him.
Ben- Mum?
Y/N- hey baby
Ben- I missed you
Y/N- I missed you more
He rolls over as I wrap my arms around him, cuddling into my chest as we both start to fall asleep.

I didn't know how long we'd been asleep when the door creaks open, my favourite redhead stood watching us
Y/N- you joining our napping club? Only cool parents are allowed
Nat- looks like I'm already part of it

She perched on the bed, I sit up as her head now lays on my chest, my hand running through her hair.
Nat- I love you
Y/N- you better
Nat- I can't even tell you what bringing Clint back means to me
Y/N- you needed him, I just found him.
Nat- I swear to god if you ever die then I'm going to kill you
Y/N- that makes no sense, but yet I understand

We just stayed this way for the night, Ben sleeping the whole time.
This was perfect but I didn't know how long it was going to last.
I'd theorised an idea but I needed help with it, only one man could do that.