Part 61

Nat POV-

I was with her up until her final breath.
The tear that rolled down her face was her last and I was there for it.
I would never be able to understand why she did what she did but I could never be angry at her, she saved everyone.

Her grip loosened on mine and her head tilted back, the tears streaming down my face as I knew, she was gone.
Nat- rest easy my love.

Wanda collapsed to the floor at the sight before her, it added to the pain she had felt for losing Vision.
Peter wrapped an arm around her shoulder as she cried into his chest, Peter trying to fight back tears of his own.

Tony kneeled on the ground, his head dropping as he looked to the ground. Slowly, others started following, a sight of true sadness at the loss of a great.
T'Challa and Okoye both saying a prayer for Y/N to be protected in the afterlife.
Steve's hand now rested on my shoulder, a show of support.

Nat- how do I cope without her?
Steve- you don't, you just do your best to keep going
Nat- I don't want to live without her...
Steve- none of us want to, she's been our family for so long that we love her and we never wanted this to happen
Nat- I can't...
The emotions took over.

Shock.
Guilt.
Sadness.
Anger.
Desperation.

Nat- I need to see my son.
I stood up, leaving the love of my life alone, her body starting to become cold as the remaining fragments of life drained out of her.
Pepper walked over to Y/N, removing the gauntlet and pushing a strand of hair away from her face, exactly where she always swiped it.

I almost made it to a car when I heard a noise from behind me, someone had run to catch me up.
Nat- look I don't want to talk
??- turn around
No. It couldn't be.
I did as they said and I saw her but she was alive?
Nat- No, I saw you die
Y/N- I don't remember it, I woke up on the floor and you were gone

I ran over to her, my arms wrapping around her neck as she lifted me up, my legs hooked around her waist
Y/N- I love you
Nat- I love you more
Y/N- that's not possible.

Y/N POV-

Everything changed after that day.
Everyone we lost came back after 5 years and the world had to be rebalanced again but that wasn't down to me.

The Avengers had split the day we finished this war. The world had won its hardest battle ever and now it was time for our hardest battles, a quiet peaceful life.

Nat and I settled down in my home in England, Ben loved the wildlife and forest surrounding.
Noah and Elijah were always close, each owning a house less than a few miles away from me.

Steve went back to be with his one true love, Peggy Carter. He had always been lost without her but the day he agreed to take the stones back was the last we'd ever see him like that. The man had now become a myth passing his legacy onto the next deemed worthy of the Shield.

Wanda flew off into the distance and wasn't heard from again. Her grief was overwhelming at the lose of the one she loved, her journey blurred by the pain she felt.

Tony settled down with Pepper and Morgan, a family we saw as often as possible. Ben and Morgan became best friends and loved each other's company.

The bond I had gained with these people would never be broken, they weren't just my friends but they became my family.
They knew me better than I knew myself at times, I relied on them when I needed them the most and they trusted me to help them.

I always watched over the rest, Bucky and Sam fighting crime together as Peter protected the world in many different countries now.
The Guardians travelling the world and other planets exploring new realms whilst Wakanda prepared to open its borders for those who needed it most but that didn't include a Starbucks for Okoye.

The Journey of the Mercenary was finally over but that wasn't all she was.
She was a Mercenary, the Ghost, a Wife, a Mother, a Friend, a Leader but most importantly...

She was happy.

Thank you all so much for reading this book!
It's been so enjoyable writing it and I hope you all enjoyed the twists and turns I planned through it.

The Assistant is still ongoing and a new book called The Ancient Being is in the works.

Again, thank you all for the support!

Update-

The Ancient Being is now out!