Part 57

I'd spent the next morning working on a gauntlet, it needed to be strong enough to hold the power of the stones and I was the only one who'd seen the force they held.
After some simple calculations, I'd got the schematics set and needed to build it. I asked Tony to help and he agreed but only if we made the gauntlet look like his iron suit, shocker he had to have the glory with it, but I agreed.

He's built the basic robotics side of it whilst I worked on the programming, all it needed was a simple code to not overrun the power of the stones.

Nat- it's time to plan the time heist
Y/N- did you actually just call it a time heist?
Nat- shut it
Tony starts to leave the room and I stay where I am, both of them looking at me
Nat- are you coming?
Y/N- well I can't really
Nat- what have you done?
Y/N- so you know I know of Dr Strange, the time keeper?
Nat- yes?
Y/N- I already messed with time once and the time keepers said they'd kill me if I ever stepped foot in a different time again
Tony- you're actually unbelievably great, what did you do?

I can't help but laugh at Tony, the childish side of his coming out again.
Nat- we can talk about this later, you misses are in trouble
Y/N- punish me later
Nat- I'll hold you to that
Tony- ew gross stop I'm gonna be sick
Y/N- I'll finish the platform and calibrate with with the time periods. Once you've decided send them through and I'll sort everything out

Narrator POV-

The remaining Avengers take their time deciding on the locations of the stones, only having one chance to get them was huge, it needed to be the right place at the right time.

You continued working in the lab, the platform and gauntlet ready, you were just inputting the coordinates as well as dates and times.
New suits had been designed with the input of Scott and Tony, something you also made as you had been used to making your own suits.

The team had decided on locations and everything was ready.
The Avengers walking towards the platform as you stood behind the control panel, Natasha heading in your direction.

Nat- are we ready?
Y/N- I think so. Please don't do anything stupid out there, I need you to come back
Nat- I love you
Y/N- I love you too.
You couldn't help but wrap your arms around her, both pulling each other as close a physically possible.
Tony- times ticking, let's go!

Everyone was stood in their designated area. They could be gone for hours but for you, it would feel like mere minutes, even less potentially.
Natasha's eyes meet yours as a smirk covers her face
Nat- see you in a minute

And just like that, they were gone.

Who knew how long a minute could feel under these circumstances.
The loud ticks of the clock the only sound being heard as the generator started to shift into action, the first group returning back.

Thor and Rocket return first, the Reality Stone with them. You take it out of their hands as they stand to the side watching, the stone taking its place in the gauntlet.

Rhodey was back next, Nebula in pieces as her systems went into overdrive.
Y/N- I'll fix her later, now hand me the stone.
The power stone added into the collection as power started to emit from the gauntlet.

It felt like forever before the portal started to open again, Hulk and Scott returning this time.
Y/N- there's meant to be another two of you?
Scott- slight hiccup but I'm sure they'll be okay, we'll I hope anyway

Scott gently hands over the mind stone, the gauntlet sensing as the stone moves its way over.
Hulk hands over the time stone, the hardest one to get in your opinion.
The gauntlet was almost complete, it just needed two more as the noise started again, the portal welcoming back two more of the Avengers.

Y/N- you two took your time.
Steve- we thought we'd pay a visit to somewhere else
Y/N- what happened?
Tony- I nearly killed my self and lost the stone, likely messing up history at the same time.
Y/N- how are you not dead?
Tony- luck I'd say.
The stone takes its place and now there was only one left.

Clint and Natasha were the only ones who were back yet, they were taking their sweet time with this mission.

Tony - what is taking so long? Check your calculations Sonny.
Y/N- I don't know, everything is right. I checked so many times before I sent any of you.
Tony- they can't be taking this long

'Come on Nat' was whispered under your breath, the familiar feeling of the portal opening as the floor started to shake. The gauntlet sensing the stone as you grabbed hold of it, keeping it on its stand.

The portal opened as your mouth dropped.
Other Avengers following suit as they all looked around the room, pain filling their eyes at the sight in front of them.

Y/N- what happened?