Part 45

Nat POV-

The plan has been finalised. Steve and I were going to extract the target whilst Y/N took the shot. Clint was going to be nearby in case anyone spotted Y/N.

I head to the room she had been using. It was a unused office space but Y/N had changed it completely. Cameras mounted onto the wall and a projector connected to J.A.I allowed the map to become real.
A prototype rifle was on a mount which was being angled, the same angle that Y/N would have to take the shot from.

Y/N- you want to watch?
Nat- if that's okay
Y/N- of course
She hands me a pair of glasses and I slide them on, the whole room changing instantly. It felt so real, everything was life like and something I'd never felt before.
Nat- How did you do this?
Y/N- simple really. J.A.I start the simulation

She lays on the ground as I stand behind watching, the rifle being adjusted to her frame.
Y/N- wind speed?
J.A.I- 17mph going north
Y/N- distance?
J.A.I- exactly 1798m
She took a few moment before taking the fake shot. The target fell immediately and that's when the fake us ran in.
Nat- very impressive
J.A.I- why thank you miss Romanoff
Y/N- she wasn't talking to you douchebag

The simulation stops and Y/N gets up, placing her glasses down on the table
Y/N- so what can I do for you?
Nat- I was just to update you but it seems you know everything
Y/N- as soon as the plan was submitted, J.A.I uploaded it here for me
Nat- we leave at 5:00pm this afternoon, don't be late
Y/N- I wouldn't dare.

Y/N POV-

I had kept running the simulation over and over again, I didn't want to mess this up. It was my first opportunity since coming back and I needed to make  a good impression.
We loaded into the jet and the ride was quiet the whole time. A few glances stolen between us but I didn't say a word. I needed to be in the right headspace for this and talking to people wasn't going to help that.

The jet landed 12 miles away from the destination so the walk begun, it wasn't a problem for me, I had done it plenty of times before. Clint, on the other hand, was struggling to keep up.
Y/N- you're slowing us down
Clint- I don't get why we couldn't have taken a car?
Y/N- too loud
Clint- bikes?
Y/N- too much gear
Clint- golf cart?
Y/N- looks stupid.
A chuckle escaped his lips as we reached the 6 mile mark, this is where we parted way. He would head to a ridge across from me and watch my 6 whilst I took the shot.

Steve and Nat has taken a car towards the apartment, pretending to be a couple as they walked around the street or sitting in a bar across the road.
Nat- eyes on target?
Y/N- nothing
Nat- he should be there
Y/N- maybe he is invisible
Steve- your sarcasm isn't helping.

A couple hours pass and I'm still on the rifle, awaiting the arrival of the target
Y/N- guys how long do we have to wait?
Nat- until he gets here.
Y/N- J.A.I run a full scan on target including current position of car and phone.
J.A.I- targets car is moving southbound, arriving at his home in 22 minutes.
Y/N- thank you
Steve- eyes sharp everyone, he will be here soon.

The car pulls up and parks underground, the elevator pings at his level as the door opens. He walks in followed by a boy, 15 maybe.
Y/N- problem.
Clint- what's wrong?
Y/N- there's a kid
Nat- what?
Y/N- it looks like the target, just 25 years younger. So what do I do?
Nat- shit okay umm I don't know
Y/N- J.A.I, hack the kids phone
Steve- you can't do that Y/N
Clint- just trust her

It took a minute or two but it was complete
J.A.I- Alfie, 15 years old. Has plans arranged to go to a party tonight, leaving at 11pm
Y/N- we wait till he leaves, if we have to adjust the plan then we will
Steve- we can't wait just take the shot
Y/N- I'll kill the kid if I hit him
Clint- she's right, it's too dangerous with him there
Steve- we don't have time for this
Y/N- I'm not shooting a kid. It won't happen.
Steve- this is an order Y/N

Thoughts were rushing through my head, what the hell was I supposed to do? I couldn't risk potentially hitting the kid but I didn't want to jeopardise the mission either.
Nat- Listen to me Y/N, zone out everything else. We are here and ready, I've watched you make this shot more times than I can count. Take your time, assess the risks and you decide what is right.
I realign myself with the scope watching as the kid moves into another room. The floor plans had it as a spare room but now maybe it was his.
Our target moved to the point and it was now or never, I had to take the shot.

Noah POV-

I was sat on the coach with Eli and Wanda waiting for the others to return. It was a night mission so they were going to be back late but I wanted to see Y/N, more to see how she coped.

FRIDAY- Jet has landed on deck.
Eli- let's see how it went then

We all walk over and find Steve arguing with Y/N
Steve- this could've been avoided
Y/N- No! You wanted me to shoot a man whilst his son was in the room. Those memories do not disappear Steve, you live with them for the rest of your life
Her eyes started to darken as Wanda and I dragged her away, she hadn't told anyone what this meant to her yet...