Keefe POV

I pulled back from the kiss and looked at the beauty in front of me.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that," I said, smirking at her. She smiled back at me and laughed.

"I think I have too. I just didn't know it." She couldn't stop smiling. I love that I'm the one that made her feel like that. Her emotions were through the roof and in that moment I was glad to be an empath. So many amazing emotions were in the air from her and they were all directed at me. Love, joy, peace, happiness, all because of us. That's when it hit me. I hadn't even asked her to be my girlfriend yet.

"Sophie Elizabeth Foster. Will you make me the happiest person on earth and be my girlfriend?" I asked, taking her hands in mine. Her eyes widened with shock and a huge smile broke out on her face.

"Yes!!! Keefe Sencen, of course I'll be your girlfriend!!!" she squealed, wrapping me in a tight hug. She let go and kissed me on the cheek. "I love you Keefe." she looked at me with admiration in her eyes. I leaned forward so our foreheads were touching.

"I love you too. more than you'll ever know." I whispered back. She closed her eyes and inhaled deeply and sighed. Then she leaned back and looked at me as if she'd just thought of something.

"Keefe? Can I ask you something?" She looked at the floor uncertainty.

"Sure, Foster, what's up? Everything ok?'' I didn't like how quickly her mood had shifted. Where the peace, joy, and happiness had been there was now doubt, concern, and confusion.

"Why me?" she asked and looked up at me. I looked at her unsure of what she meant. She looked back down and continued. "Why did you pick me? All the girls love you and you could've chosen any of them. But you chose me. Why?"

Now I understood what she meant. I didn't know why she felt like this. She just didn't see what I saw.

"Soph. You're not like those other girls. they're all shallow and only like me for my looks and I mean I don't blame them.'' I paused, hoping to get a laugh out of her. It didn't work. I mentally slapped myself. Idiot. It's not time to joke. "Look Soph. You know why I chose you? I chose you from day one. That very first day at Foxfire when you were lost. I knew from that day that you were the one. I knew from that day that I loved you and nothing would change that. You are the most beautiful, amazing, talented, extraordinary person I know. I've loved you since the day we met. That's one of the only things my mother didn't lie about. And after all those times I let you down I knew I had to work even harder to prove it to you. I love you Sophie Foster. I love you because you're you. And there's no one else like you in the world." She looked up at me with tears in her eyes. She hugged me again and I didn't let go. "You deserve so much better than me. So that leads me to the question of why did you choose me? You could have continued the Vacker Legacy and made it better. You could've been with Fitz the golden boy, by the way please don't tell him I called him that." she leaned back and looked at me. she signed and smiled and reached over and ruffled my hair.

"Oh Keefe. I don't even know what to begin. Remember the book you told me about that your dad wrote? Well that's what happened. For the longest time I was convinced I would end up with Fitz. We're both telepaths, cognates and really good friends. I loved him with all of my... head. And then there you were. Always there for me, always doing everything for me, always comforting, kind, caring. And that's when I realized I loved you with all of my heart. Even through your pain, even though I saw that sad, broken little boy that I know you didn't want anyone, especially me, seeing you always found a way to take care of me just like you promised Mr. Forkle. You're the most amazing person I've ever met. And don't worry Hunkyhair I don't blame those girls for loving the Keefester's looks.'' I winked and laughed. She laughed and continued. "But I love you for more than that. I love you for everything that you are and with everything you have. I'm here to help. everything you have we'll work through together. Team FosterKeefe forever. They're not only your burdens anymore. I'm here for whatever you need. And I love you no matter what obstacles come our way." She finished and pulled me into another hug.

"Thanks Foster, I love you too." I replied and wrapped her in the embrace.

finally a longer (ish... heh) chapter

i love y'all and i ty for being patient w me lol

anyway FINALLY THE SOKEEFE FLUFF YALL HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!!!

keep smiling my lovlies and always be urselves!! :3

<3 Silveny118