Chapter 41

Chapter 41:

I've just finished putting the food on the table when there's a knock at the on the door.

"I'll get it." I say to Peeta who seems preoccupied with something in the kitchen.

"Okay." He calls back.

My mother and Haymitch stand and the door with smiles on their faces.

"Merry Christmas!" I say. I pull them in and give them both a big hug. I take the pie from my mother and set in on the counter.

"You didn't have to bring anything mom." I say.

"Yes I did, I can't just show up empty handed. That would be rude." She says.

"I did." Said Haymitch. That all brought out a laugh in us.

We ate a nice dinner and the whole time I just felt like I was in some type of wonderland. It seemed so surreal to me that I could ever find happiness again. And here I am with my mom and Haymitch and Peeta, my wonderful husband, and now a baby! I can't believe how lucky Peeta and I really are.

After dinner Peeta and I quickly clean up and head to the living room to exchange gifts. We know my mother and Haymitch brought nothing and they're not expecting anything either. Especially my big news.

I hand everyone a cup of tea and begin. "In the spirit of Christmas, Peeta and I bought you both gifts." I say.

They immediately start to protest but I still continue. "Haymitch this is for you." I say handing him a large box. "And mom, this is for you." I say handing her the tiny box.

Peeta and I stare at them while they open their gifts. Haymitch start laughing when he opens his.

"I never thought you guys cared that much." He said. "Thank you, it means a lot."

My mom in the other hand is tearing up, but not crying. I'm glad because right now I think if I started crying I wouldn't be able to stop.

"Katniss..." She says in a hushed whisper. "This is beautiful. Thank you guys so much. I love it." She gets up and embraces Peeta and I.

I glance at Peeta after everyone's settled down a bit. He looks at me and smirks. 'Now.' I mouth.

"Uh actually Katniss and I have one more gift for you too." Peeta says.

They both look so confused.

"I'm pregnant!" I burst out.

"Katniss, that's so amazing!" My mom says.

"Congrats sweetheart." Says Haymitch.

"Thank you!" I say beaming. I've never felt more happy in my life. This day has been perfect and I can't wait for more!

Sorry this chapter really sucks I just finished writing a seven page research paper and I started reading The Great Gatsby. It's honestly such a good book. Anyway, I really want to apologize for not being so active! I'm gonna try my hardest but I can't guarantee anything. I know it's a little early but I've been thinking of baby names. Comment your favorite boys and girls names! Love you all ❤️❤️❤️
Mel

Girls:
- Rosalie (Rosie for a nickname)
- Adeline (possibly Addy for a nickname idk if I like Addy but I love Adeline)
- Lilian (Lily for a nickname)

Boys:
- Liam
- Aiden
- Jackson ( Jack for a nickname)

If you guys have any suggestions comment but if you like any of these please tell me!!