Chapter 18

Chapter 18:

When I wake up and immediately run to the bathroom to vomit for 2o minutes, I know it is going to be a bad day. I wish I didn't have this baby. I wish we would have waited. I've been having these days every once in a while. The days I wish I didn't exist because I feel like horse shit.

"Hey I'm going to go make breakfast, what sounds good?" Peeta asks leaning on the door frame.

"Um whatever. I don't really care." I say giving him the most sincere smile I can muster.

"Okay." He says smiling one of those heart melting smiles.

I clean myself up and get dressed. When I'm done I head downstairs. I feel so awful all I want to do is lay in bed all day.

"Hey." I say walking into the kitchen.

"Hey beautiful." Peeta says coming to kiss me.

I kiss back but I almost don't feel like it, which is really surprising.

"You okay?" Peeta asks looking up from the pancakes.

"Yeah, fine." I say looking away.

"No Katniss, what's wrong? Are you hurt?" Peeta asks with a frown on his face.

"No I just don't feel well. I just want to take it easy today, okay?" I say.

"Sure, anything you want." He says.

I eat breakfast and hold it down thank god. When I'm done me and Peeta clean up the kitchen and go watch movies. Around lunch time Peeta makes sandwiches and we take a break to eat.

"Katniss, you're scaring me." Peeta says after I get up and throw away my half eaten sandwich. "You need to stay healthy. I get that you don't feel good, but you still have to take care of yourself."

"Honestly Peeta, I'll be fine. This happens a lot. I've been reading some of those pregnancy pamphlets I got from the doctors appointment and they all say this is normal. Trust me, if I really thought there was something wrong, I would do something." I say.

"Alright, it's just I've never seen you like this. It's an adjustment." He says.

"Well get used to it because I'm going to be like this for the next month and a half." I say chuckling. "C'mon let's go finish our movies."

Until around four o'clock we continue to watch movies. I fall asleep and wake up to Peeta shaking me awake saying dinner was ready.

"Peeta what do you want the baby to be?" I ask.

"I don't really care, as long as it's healthy. But if I had to choose, I would want a girl." He says smiling.

"Why a girl?" I ask

"So she could grow up to be as beautiful and strong as her mother." He says looking at his food.

"Peeta," I choke out and start bawling.

"What? What happened?" He says looking up.

"Nothing, it's just these hormones. I'm like a walking river." I say wiping my tears.

"Are you sure you're okay though?" Peeta asks.

"Yeah I'm fine." I say with a small smile.

We clean up from dinner and head upstairs to go to bed early tonight. I shower and get in bed with Peeta.

"Goodnight Peeta I love you." I say.

"I love you too. Both of you." He says placing a hand on my stomach. "Goodnight."

I fall asleep afraid of having nightmares tonight.

I wake up in the middle of the night suspecting a nightmare, but instead feel a sharp pain in my stomach. I look down to see what I feared would be there.

A small spot of blood.