Chapter 11

Chapter 11:

I wake up and Peeta's still sleeping. He's usually up before me, but his pain meds make him really drowsy. I give him a light kiss on the cheek and get up and shower. When I'm out he is still asleep. I look at the clock and it says 8:27. I get ready and go in the kitchen to cook breakfast. Since Peeta is the one that always does the cooking, it'll be a little different around here for a week. I make oatmeal with fruit in it and put it on a tray with orange juice and bring it into the room with him.

"Peeettaaaa." I say in a sing-song voice. "Waake uuppp."

I put the tray on the table and sit down next to him. I brush his hair over to the side and whisper things to try to wake him. He finally opens his eyes to reveal those beautiful blue orbs.

"Good morning," I say still playing with his hair.

"Morning beautiful." He replies smiling.

"How are you feeling?" I ask.

"Um I'm okay I guess. My stitches don't hurt as much, I just feel uncomfortable." He says.

"Well if there's anything you need just ask okay?" I say.

"Okay." He says.

"I made you breakfast." I say handing him the tray.

"Thank you." He says giving me the most genuine smile I've ever seen.

"What do you want to do today?" I ask him.

"We can watch movies." He suggests.

"That sounds amazing, movies all day." I say smiling. "It's perfect!"

I'm really hungry so I go and make myself some breakfast. I have a bola if oatmeal and some toast. I'm still kinda hungry so I also have some toaster waffles. This whole situation with Peeta must be stressing me out because I never eat this much. When I'm done, I walk in and see Peeta staring at the wall.

"What are you thinking about?" I ask him.

"Just life I guess." He says.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I mean our whole journey and how we ended up here, engaged living in a much more peaceful world I could have ever imagined. I never ever pictured my life like this. It's a good thing, dint get me wrong, it's just so unbelievable how lucky we are to still he alive." He says.

"Yeah I know what you mean. I never thought I would ever marry anyone." I say.

"Well what made you change your mind?" He asks.

"Falling for you." I say kinda shyly.

"I love you Katniss." He says.

"I love you too." I reply.