Chapter 30

Chapter 30:

Peeta comes out of the room fully clothed. I just finished eating a bowl of oatmeal and was putting it in the sink when he snaked his arms around me.

"So what do you want to do today?" He asks.

"I don't really care honestly." I say. "I mean we only have 2 more days after today so maybe we should do something fun."

"Well in the bathroom there were brochures for things to do and I saw hiking." He suggests. "That could be fun."

"Yeah that sounds wonderful!" I say.

I go into the room and change my outfit into running leggings and loose tank top. Peeta just changes his shorts. I put on my tennis shoes and he does too. I put my hair in a quick braid and we head out the door.

We walk along the streets of Disctrict 4, getting odd looks. I guess I'm sort of used to it. Don't get me wrong, I still feel uncomfortable, it's just I've learned to deal with the uncomfortableness.

We arrive at the hiking spot and it's not at all what I was expecting. I was picturing thick forests like back at home, but this, this is huge cliffs overlooking the ocean, with palm trees and fruit trees lining the hiking paths.

"This is absolutely stunning!" I exclaim.

"I know! This is going to be amazing!" Peeta says.

We start down the trail hand in hand. I start to run my thumb across the top of his hand. He squeezes my hand in reply. We go on with this hand conversation for about 20 minutes. We've come to a small pathway that lead to a clearing. When we walk through the tall trees and foliage, we see a beautiful view of the ocean.

My mouth hangs open. This is spectacular! And I thought our honeymoon couldn't get any more amazing. Me and Peeta go find a small rock to sit on. I lean my head on his shoulder and stare at the now setting sun.

"Look, your favorite color." I say at the orange and red sky.

"Yeah." He says. "Beautiful, isn't it?"

"Yeah. This honeymoon has been wonderful so far." I say.

"I know, too bad it's over in a couple days." He says letting out a breath.

"Yeah but we could always come back." I suggest.

"I guess." He says in a sad tone.

"What's wrong?" I say looking at him.

He doesn't stop looking at the sky.

"Nothing. It's just being here, looking at the sunset reminds me of the victory tour and how things used to be." He says sadly looking into my eyes.

"Peeta," I say caressing his cheek. "I know, I wish we could go back to living before the quell." I say.

"No I don't. Then we wouldn't be able to do this." He says gesturing in the air.

"Peeta we have each other. As long as we're together, we'll be okay. I promise." I say grabbing hold of his hand again.

He gives me a soft and long kiss on the cheek. "I love you." He says.

"I love you too." I say smiling.

He pulls me up and we make our way back to the house to get a good nights rest, wrapped in each other's warmth.