Chapter 28

Chapter 28:

"Katniss," I hear Peeta say. "Katniss..."

"Yes Peeta?" I say rolling over with my eyes still closed.

"Katniss c'mon wake up." He says chuckling and rubbing circles on my back.

"I'm up, I'm up." I say with my eyes remaining shut.

"Katniss seriously get up we'll be in District 4 in about 20 minutes we have to get ready to go." He persists.

I open my eyes and look at him smiling. "Fine, fine I'm getting up." I say.

"Good I'll be in the dining car getting breakfast." He says walking toward the door.

"No Peeta wait for me." I say like a child.

"Alright, hurry up though, I'm starving!" He says dramatically.

"Okay okay hold your horses." I reply.

I get up quickly and change my clothes and redo my ponytail. I double check to make sure I have everything in my bags so we don't leave anything on the train. When I'm done me and Peeta grab our things and head down the hall to go get something for breakfast.

We walk into the dining car and are immediately greeted by a crowd of people.

"I'll be surprised of there's any food left." Peeta says sarcastically.

We make our way to a small table for two people and set down our things. We get into the buffet line and wait until it's our turn. The whole time I'm in line I feel like people are staring at me and Peeta. I can't help but feel self conscious. I'm so glad when we finally reach our table to eat. Peeta and I scarf down our plates in under 10 minutes and we're just in time too because as soon as we bring our plates to the waiter the train slowly begins to stop.

We step off onto the platform and Peeta hollers for a taxi to take us to our beach house. Once we get in the cab I take Peeta's hand in mine.

"I can't wait to get to the house and be able to do whatever we want!" I say excitedly.

"Me either!" Peeta says with the same enthusiasm.

Finally we pull up to a very secluded house little house. From the outside it looks like a pretty average district four home but on the inside it's absolutely extravagant. The furniture is new and plush, the walls are a romantic shade of amber, and just passed the kitchen is a private entrance to the beach!

"I don't think I will ever stop thanking my mom for this." I say amused.

"I know, this is wonderful!" Peeta says. "Katniss come here and look at this bathroom!" He exclaims.

Inside the bathroom there's a jacuzzi tub the looks like it could fit about 5 people, there's a shower the size of our bathroom at home, and not to mention the romantic candles lit everywhere.

"I can't believe we get to stay here for 4 days!" I say.

Peeta wraps his arms around me and kisses me until we have to come up for air.

"How about we put on our bathing suits and go test out that private beach?" Peeta says seductively.

"I would love nothing more!" I say smirking.

We go into our room and unpack. I brought all the bathing suits I own because I am a horrible decision maker. I decide on an aqua string bikini that's a little revealing but it's just Peeta, so I don't care. I grab towels, sunscreen, sunglasses and my flip flops and see Peeta has already changed and grabbed us some waters and apples to take with us.

"Ready?" I ask.

"Yeah, let's go!" He says.

We walk onto the beach and when they say private, they mean private. There was literally 2 other people there besides us.

"Wow this is beautiful." Peeta says.

"Yeah I know. Let's get in!" I say dragging him in the water.

As soon as we get in it's freezing but in a few minutes I get used to it. I turn my back to Peeta to take a look around me and I feel splashes all along my back.

When I turn around I see Peeta grinning innocently. "What?"

"I hate you Peeta Mellark!" I say scooping handfuls of water onto him.

"Oh that's it!" He says. He grabs me by my waist and dunks me under the water. I struggle to get back up and when I do I try to dunk him too.

"You'll never be able to dunk me I'm like 5 times your size!" He says teasingly.

I think about this for a moment and try to think of another plan. I may be able to tease him another way...

I start to take off my top and he looks at me wide eyed.

"What are you doing?!" He asks alarmed.

"Oh it was bothering me so I took it off." I say throwing it on the shore.

He runs up to me and covers my breast with his hands. "Katniss, there are other people here!!" He says.

"Yeah so?" I say innocently.

"Yeah so, I don't want anyone seeing my wife's breasts!" He says still in shock.

"Well why don't you carry me inside the house and I can be all yours." I whisper into his ear.

His eyes look like they're going to pop out of his head. "Okay." He says scooping me up. He grabs all our things and brings me inside.

I smile to myself thinking of how well my plan worked out.