Chapter 8

Chapter 8:

When I wake up I see Peeta's two beautiful blue eyes staring back at me.

"Good morning." I say with a smile.

"Happy birthday." He says leaning in for a kiss.

I happily accept the kiss and he sits there just kissing for a while and then Peeta starts to tug at my shirt. I break away and say

"Peeta, as much as I want to, we can't. I would love it right now but I kind of want to do something for my birthday." I say.

"Oh okay, later?" He says.

"Later." I reply.

We both get dressed and ready for the day and head downstairs. When we get in the kitchen I see an amazing breakfast and a small little box with a bow on it.

"Oh my gosh Peeta! This is amazing! When did you do all this?" I ask.

"Early this morning. C'mon let's eat." He says.

I throw my arms around his neck and give him a big kiss and say "Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love it!"

"Well that's not all there is." He says.

"Peeta you didn't have to, really." I say.

"Well too late. It's already done." He says smirking.

I blush a little and sit down. I start eating and look over at the little box. I wonder what could be in it. Peeta must see me staring at it because he says

"After we're done, you can open it."

"Okay." I say smiling.

I finish a lot quicker because I really want to see what's in the box. When I'm done Peeta grabs it and says

"I love you Katniss." And then hands it to me.

Inside is a beautiful necklace with a pearl right in the middle. But it isn't just any pearl. It's the pearl he gave me on the beach.

"Oh my god Peeta, thank you! I love it! It's gorgeous!" I say and kiss him. "I love you too."

He smiles the sweetest smile I've ever seen and I can't help but smile back.

"Can you put it on me?" I ask.

"Sure." He says still smiling.

"So Mr. Secrets. What else have you planned for us today?" I ask.

"Well in about an hour we're going to the meadow." He says.

"Oooo alright. Well I can't wait till then." I say.

We sit on the couch and relax for a little while. I start to dose off, but then Peeta stands up and my head falls of his shoulder.

"C'mon, it's time to go." He says taking my hand and pulling me out the door.

We walk hand in hand to the meadow. By the time we get there my feet are killing me. I figure it's just because I haven't been out of the house in a while. We go and sit down in a big patch of flowers.

"Peeta, this view is amazing." I say.

"I know, it's so beautiful, just like you." He replies. I automatically blush.

We sit and talk and Peeta stands up, bringing me with him. I assume it's to leave but then he says

"Katniss, you know I love you right?"

"Well of course Peeta!" I says touching the side of his face.

"Okay well I fell in love with you exactly 13 years ago and I continue to fall in love with you everyday. You are my everything. I love you Katniss," he gets down on one knee, "Will you marry me?" He says.

My tears are already flowing. "Yes." I say barely audible. I don't think he heard me be cause he still looks like he's waiting for an answer. "YES!" I repeat louder.

He brings me in for a large hug and I kiss him full on the lips. When we break apart I see a pretty nice sized diamond with two smaller ones on the sides.

"Peeta, it's beautiful!" I exclaim.

"I knew you would love it!" He says.

I kiss him passionately again and we head home. One thought keeps playing over and over in my mind. I can't wait to marry the love of my life.

Hey guys! Sorry it took so long to update. I had a bit if writers block I guess and this chapter is super long, well longer than they usually are. Hope you like it! Comment and vote!! 😉💕