Chapter 13

Chapter 13:

When I wake up I smell bacon and cheese buns. I smile to myself because today is the first day Peeta can be walking around and he's already up making breakfast. I walk out and snake my arms around his waist.

"Morning." I say pressing my head against his back.

"Morning beautiful." He says turning around taking me in his arms. "How'd you sleep?" He asks.

"Fine. No nightmares or anything, you?" I reply.

"I slept great. I feel amazing too. Way better than last week." He says.

"Good." I say smiling. I look up at him and give him a soft peck on the lips. "I love you." I say.

"I love you too." He says. He takes the cheese buns out of the oven and puts them on the counter. He also puts the bacon in a dish.

"Mmm. It smells delicious in here!" I exclaim. I reach over and grab a piece of bacon and bite into it. "But it's missing something." I say.

I go over the the pantry and find the chocolate spread. I take a big glob of it and put it on my plate next the the bacon. The whole time Peeta looks at me like I'm nuts. I put the chocolate back and sit down at my spot again. I dip the bacon in the chocolate and eat it. Surprisingly, it tastes amazing.

"Katniss, that looks disgusting. What are you doing?" He asks me.

"I don't know I was really craving something sweet and salty so I thought why not chocolate and bacon?" I say.

"You're really weird sometimes babe." He says.

"Babe?" I say. "Really?"

"I don't know I thought I'd try it out. You don't like it?" He says.

"Not really." I say smiling.

After I've finished my bacon and chocolate I go upstairs to change. Peeta comes up minutes later and he gets dressed too. When we're done Peeta grabs me by my arm and pulls me into him for a slow and passionate kiss. We move to the bed and slowly lay down. He moves to my neck and I close my eyes, enjoying the moment. He moves back up to my mouth and we find a perfect rhythm. We break the kiss breathing heavily.

"What was that for? I ask him questioningly.

"I haven't been able to do that in a week. I missed it." He says. He looks deeply into my eyes. "You're so beautiful." He whispers.

I look at him with tears in my eyes, threatening to spill over. "Peeta, I love you so much." I whisper back and start crying. Bawling actually.

Peeta sits up bringing me into his arms. "What's the matter?" Peeta says.

"I don't know." I say because I really don't. "I'm just so happy to have you in my life." I say.

"Me too Katniss, me too." He says. He kisses my temple and we head downstairs.

When we get downstairs I suggest we go to Haymitch's house. We walk across the lawn, hand in hand and walk right in.

"Hey lovebirds." Haymitch says from the kitchen table. We walk in and sit down across from him.

"Hey Haymitch." Peeta says.

"How are you feeling Peeta?" He asks.

"Pretty good. I mean way better than last week, just kinda sore from my stitches. But walking's not a problem." He replies.

We sit as talk to Haymitch for a while. It must have been longer than I thought because when we leave it's already dark.

We head upstairs and get ready for bed. I get in bed and Peeta follows soon after.

"Goodnight Katniss, I love you." He says.

"I love you too Peeta. Goodnight." I say.