Chapter 1

Ariella's pov

Insanity is a good word to describe it. I thought it may have calmed down by now, but I was far from right. The media followed us everywhere with questions I couldn't even begin to answer.

"Hey back off please" liam told the guy through gritted teeth. Reports were crazier today since they knew we were on our way to our first public interview with nine other than Ellen herself in New York City.

Liam ushered me into the limo and climbed in behind me.

"Oh my gosh" Niall muttered

"That was overwhelming" Harry added

I sucked in a sharp breathe as I smoothed my cream lace dress and adjusted my jacket before laying back against the leather seat. Liam pulled me against his side and snaked his arm around my waist to secure me. I rested my head against his shoulder and closed my eyes.

"Are you nervous?" He whispered down to me. I nodded, not lifting my head from his side. I felt him laugh slightly.

"You'll be okay" he missed the top of my head.

"I just don't want to relive it" I mumbled and shifted uncomfortably

"It'll be over before you know it" he reassured me

"And that's not all they'll talk about" Zayn butted in

"Yeah they'll ask about the tour and the album and everything else we've answered thirty thousand times" Louis added with a smile

"What about the engagement?" Niall asked Liam. I lifted my head and looked up at him for an answer.

"I'm not hiding it" Liam said with a smirk and a snuggled back into his side.

After another 20 minutes of conversation we arrived at the studio. Liam helped me out of the limo and we thanked the driver.

The inside of the studio was huge. The bodyguards needed to ask for directions more than a few times before we reached the dressing room. Tables of food were set out and although my stomach was growling I refused to eat anything.

The boys went to get ready while I stayed in the dressing room. The boys' stylist, Lou Teasdale, offered to do my makeup but I wanted to be ready before we got there. I finished my hair and makeup at home as well as my outfit- cream lace dress with a navy leather jacket and a belt with matching natural colored heels.

I fixed my appearance in the long mirror and added a touch more lip gloss to my pink lips. I paced around the room taking small breaths. I hated being in national television and I hated media attention. I kept thinking of the amount of people who would see this interview and know our story because one direction was the biggest band in the world.

I began to feel nauseous so I took a seat on the couch before I had a panic attack. I hadn't had one since the hotel that night, which is good for me. I took out my phone and scrolled through Twitter to distract myself. I quickly shut it off because Twitter was filled with many talking about the interview... Just my luck.

Thankfully Liam came into the room and my mind was at ease. I knew it would be okay as long as I sat with him the whole time.

"Ready babe?" He asked sticking his hand out for me to take. I nodded and linked my arm with his as we greeted the boys backstage.

"Now please give a warm welcome to one direction!!!" Ellen announced with a huge smile. That was our cue to walk onstage and for me to fake a smile and push my way through the interview.

I didn't understand why I had to be here anyway. Nobody wanted to see or hear from me, they only wanted the boys, which I had no problem with because I didn't want to be there any more than they wanted me to be.