Chapter 64

Little Mix- Grown @ Apple Music festival

Liam's pov

"I don't think we can get married" she said uneasily. At once, my eyes narrowed in on her. I couldn't decipher if I was more worried or angry at her statement.

"What?" I blurted out, completely taken back by her statement. "Ari you can't be serious" I told her standing to my feet. My arms folded across my chest as I took a step towards her.

"I just think-"

"No Ari stop" I interrupted her. "We've been through hell together and you really think I'm just going to let you go?" My voice was a little firmer than intended, but I was speaking out of a mixture of nerves and anger. "I have you six years of my life and two children and now you're telling me you don't want me?" I nearly shouted.

"Liam I'm-"

"Now" I emphasized. "Why now? You didn't want to tell me that before I almost died at our wedding? The only reason I'm alive right now is because I held on to the thought that I could come home to you once I was out of the hospital" I spoke bitterly.

I couldn't contain the anger inside me at this statement. My fists were balled at my side, but inside, I knew I wasn't actually mad. I was just terrified of her leaving. All these years, the thought had never crossed my mind because we were always happy.

Sure, it crossed my mind that she would upset about the things thrown her way by my mum, but I was always too blinded by my love for her to realize that she may want to leave sometimes.

If I think about it, it makes sense- leaving me would solve all her problems. She wouldn't have to worry about being verbally abused by the media, my mum, or really anyone for that matter.

"Oh my gosh" I silently breathed. "You want to leave, don't you?" It was as if the mood had shifted from anger to disappointment in the blink of an eye.

"Liam" she breathed, shaking her head. A small smile teasingly tugged at the edge of her lips as she walked towards me. "You must have hit your head harder than I thought if that's what you think" she smiled, reaching up to run one hand through my hair and cup the side of my face.

She addressed my confusion by continuing her thought. "I'm not leaving, never was, never am," she stated firstly, releasing some stress from inside me. "You didn't let me finish my sentence," she said biting her lip. "I was going to say, I don't think we can get married yet" she said, giving me an accusatory look.

"Oh" I simply replied, blushing slightly at the recollection of my recent outburst. "You could have said that" I mumbled.

"I tried!" She laughed, "you wouldn't listen to me though" she smiled, now resting her hand on my chest. I'm sure she could feel the pounding of my heart from the anxiety I felt over the thought of us not being a family anymore.

"You nearly gave me a heart attack" I breathed and instantly regretted the poor choice in words. "Speaking of near heart attacks," she groaned, knowing exactly where I was going with this. "Babe this is really serious" I stated firmly, guiding my hands around her hips.

"Can we not talk about it?" She pleaded, sighing in distressed. She looked up at me and I noticed the desperate look in her eye, so I nodded twice, disregarding the conversation. "Shall we talk about why you don't want to marry me then?" I asked, half sarcastically, half seriously.

She sighed, "I just think that after everything that's happened this past year and a half, we should just wait" she shrugged. I knew she as being honest because she didn't seem distracted by her words- they were genuine. "Once everything settles down for good this time" she stressed, "then we can try again" she smiled a small smile.