Chapter 6

Liam's pov

"That was a little more intense than you were hoping for, huh?" I asked putting my hand on her thigh. She nodded and remained silent.

This really didn't go as expected. She was beyond excited to tell her family but I think she was thrown off when Johanna brought up her parents. I knew her parents were always in the back of her mind, but she seemed really thrown off by it. I can only imagine what it's like being a girl and having a baby without your mum. That seems like something girls and their mums would talk about a lot.

When we got home she got out of the car silently and shut the bedroom door behind her
I knew this meant she wanted to be alone but I couldn't leave her in there if she was upset. After minutes of contemplating I knocked gently and opened the door slightly.

She was sat on the bed with an only photo album on her lap flipping through pages. My presence went unnoticed until I sat beside her. She sniffled and didn't look up at me as a tear rolled down her left cheek. I silently wiped it away and put my arm around her and she leaned into my side.

"I miss them" she croaked after minutes of silence. I stoked her hair in response. She had never opened up to me about her parents. I knew it was always a sensitive topic so I avoided it. She acted as if it never bothered her, but I knew she was hurting inside.

"They've missed out on my entire life" she tried really hard to contain her tears. She never liked crying in front of others because she thought it made people weak. I for one, liked she was getting sensitive in front of me, but it killed me to know she was hurting inside.

Her walls were finally breaking.

"Do you know how hard it is growing up without parents?!" She suddenly pulled away from my grip and ran her fingers through her hair frustrated as hot tears ran down her face.

"I-I'm sorry" she croaked and ran out of the room quickly. What just happened?

"Ariella wait!!" I jumped up and bolted after her. By the time I ran downstairs and into the living room she wasn't there. I fumbled with my phone as I pulled out out of my pocket and dialed her number. I paced the living room nervously after she didn't pick up for the third time. I hope she's okay

Ariella's pov

I bolted out of the bedroom and immediately ran outside. Just my luck, it was raining but that didn't stop me. I walked quickly with nowhere in mind. I just needed to clear my head.

I'm not sure where all this was coming from. The only time I had a meltdown about my parents was when I was three, and that was the day at the hospital when I found out they would never come back.

Flashback

"W-where's mommy and daddy?" I whimpered when we arrived home from the hospital.

"Well honey" Jo said sitting with me on the couch "they went to heaven" She said simply

"When are they coming back?" I asked innocently

"I don't think they'll be back sweetheart. They loved you very much, but they have to stay right where they are" She explained as tears threatened to spill.

"So I'm not going to see them again?" I asked, tears welling in my eyes

"You'll see them again one day, but not for a while, ok?"

"Ok" I said as a single tear rolled down my cheek. She pulled me onto her lap.

"How would you like to live here? With me and Louis?" She asked trying to sound excited