Chapter 76

F I N A L  C H A P T E R

(Sorry it's a month late don't kill me)
Ari's pov

"I love you too Mrs Payne" he spoke, a cheeky smile tugging at the corner of his lips. My stomach fluttered as I heard the words fall from his lips.

"I love the sound of that" I giggled, briefly kissing his lips once more. He chuckled and tightened his grip on me. He lifted his forehead from mine, but kept his arms on mine.

"Shall we?" He asked, his eyes flickering towards the cheering audience. The smile continuously grew as I nodded my head his arms slipped from my waist and grazed my bum before lacing his hand with mine. I shot him a playful glance, but he pretended like he didn't see it, despite the smirk tugging at his mouth.

As we walked hand in hand down the isle, everyone clapped and whistled, ecstatic that our special day was finally happening. Many gracefully threw flower petals at us as well. I could not help the excited laughs that escaped my mouth and the tint that arose to my cheeks as I looked at everyone's faces.

The feeling of nostalgia was with me the entire time. "I can't believe you did this" I confessed breathlessly as I looked up at him. We had left the crowd behind and were now atop the bridge overlooking the island to get some privacy.

He smiled at me as if it was no big deal. "You deserve it" he whispered, pressing his lips to my forehead. My heart was racing and I closed my eyes to enjoy the moment, knowing it wouldn't last forever.

"How did you pull this off?" I asked, lacing my hand with his as we began to walk slowly and aimlessly around.

"Well," he started, "as soon as I remember who you were" he teased, nudging my side playfully as I recalled the two long months in which Liam could not recall that I was his fiancé. "I knew we had waited long enough so I called up the hotel and had it arranged within a matter of days" he told me.

"That sounds impossible" I smiled, envisioning the idea.

"Yeah well the name Liam Payne allows me to pull a few strings" he winked. I bit my lip and shook my head, nearly forgetting how famous my husband was.

Seconds later we approached a small white bench under an array of palm trees that appeared to be isolated from the island. "You know," I started as he took a seat. "I think the fact that I can call you my husband makes you a little sexier" I admitted, straddling his lap, despite the fact I was wearing a romper. He bit his lip and glanced up and down my body.

"And I think you turn me on a little more, now that your my wife" he smirked, squeezing my hips. 

"Mmm then this marriage will work nicely" I teased before connecting my lips with his. He laughed lightly into the kiss and moved his arms to my waist. The wind blew softly around us, sending chills up my spine.

"I could do this all day" he breathed as I pulled away. "But I wouldn't want to keep our guests waiting at the reception" he whispered, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "Ready Mrs Payne?" He asked, standing us both up and reaching for my hand. I nodded and a feeling of excitement swept through my stomach, hearing him call me by my new last name.

"Just so you know" he started as we made our way back to the area, "my parents send their best" he said simply. My heart dropped a little for him, because I know how hard it is to not have your parents at your wedding.

"I'm so sorry Li" I apologized, truly feeling bad that they couldn't be here.

"Well, that's okay actually" he said. "My mum has decided to check herself into a rehabilitation center to get help with her sickness." He stated, casually glancing over at me.