Chapter 12

Ariella's pov

"Courtney's father is the guy from the warehouse" he said calmly. The glass nearly dropped from my hand and shattered on the floor. The only emotion present on my face was pure shock.

As hard as I tried, I couldn't even form a complete sentence because I was in such shock. Courtney is such a sweet girl I can't imagine her father being one of the five men from the warehouse. It frightens me to think about which one he was.

"W-who?" I asked shakily. He stared at the ground avoiding the question

"Who?" I asked more forecefully

"Liam's attacker" he rushed the words out of his mouth. Anger boiled inside of me but I wasn't sure why. It's not like it was Courtney's fault, so I couldn't be mad at her, especially since she saved me and my baby...Well babies.

"Ari..." He asked cautiously. I snapped my head up to meet his eyes.

"Sorry" I shook my head clearing my thoughts. "How did you find this out? What did you do?" I sat up now very curious about the situation.

"Well when we were at dinner, I was telling her a little about myself and of course the accident came up" I nodded understandingly as he proceeded. "I didn't tell her much because I didn't want to get into detail and scare her off or bring back memories..." he trailed off "but then she started asking questions," he paused "like specific questions, that I hadn't even talked about"

"Like what?" I asked creeped out

"Like she knew where the warehouse was and how Liam was alone and just weird stuff that she wouldn't know" he replied "then I saw a frightened look in her eye and she told me she had to go and she just left the restaurant"

"So how did you draw those conclusions?" He held up a finger and continued

"When I left the restaurant, remember the night I got hit?" I nodded suddenly remembering how I taped his leg from the car accident.

"I thought I had a flat tire when I got out, and I could've sworn I saw her in the car, but I don't know... I think I was just hallucinating" he said more so to himself them to me.

"So I called her the next day and she said she had to talk to me so we met at Café downtown and she asked me some more questions about the accident in the warehouse and then she just came out with it" he shrugged "she was crying she looked so broken but I didn't know what to do I felt terrible"

"You don't have to feel bad that's not a good situation to be in, I'm sure she understood" I soothed

"Yeah I guess, it's just shocking"

"Well yeah!" I half laughed "who would've thought her father was our kidnapper"

"So what are you going to do?" I asked

"I don't know" he admitted after a minute of thinking "I don't know with the relationship between her and her father is; and I feel like I should hear her out, but I don't know if it's gonna work"

"I'm so sorry Lou" I felt terrible for him. He deserved someone but as soon as he found someone, something terrible, like this, would happen.

"Don't worry about it.... I'll always have harry" he smiles cheekily and I couldn't help but laugh. We had always made fun of the media for Larry Stylinson because it was so far from wrong, but Louis and I always joked about it. Leave it to Louie to make a joke at a time like this.

"Hey there you guys are!" Harry strolled out.

"Well speak of the devil" I laughed as he sat on the edge of my chair.