Chapter 31

+okay this dedication is a little different today. I want to dedicate this chapter to all the families out there that have family members who are serving overseas. Many of us don't realize that while some may take their parents for granted, in reality, others only get to talk to their parents a few times a year. My prayers go out to all the families with relatives or friends who serve our country. May god bless each and every one of you. Stay strong 🇺🇸🗽+

Liam's pov

"Harry you have to get this right!" Julian shouted as he stood up and slammed his hand against the table. "It's a high note so carry out 'fools' longer!" He instructed harshly. Harry simply nodded staring at his feet, tired of the criticism.

"From the chorus!" he yelled sitting back down in his seat and slapping on his headphones to cover his ears. Rolling his eyes and readjusting the mic, Harry began to sing.

"And yeah I let you
use me from the day that we first met
but I'm not done yet,
falling for your fools gold" Harry sang and then I joined him-

"and I knew that you turned it on for everyone you met
but I don't regret falling for your fools gold" That was the end of the chorus and we braced ourselves for criticism, but when nothing came, Louis and I began to sing the second verse.

"I'm the first to admit that I'm reckless,
I get lost in your beauty and I can't see
Two feet in front of me"

"And I know in my heart-"

"Stop!" Julian yelled angrily "stop the music!" He shouted at our sound guy sitting next to him who was fumbled with the keys from Julian's sudden outburst.

"Louis! You sound like a truck just ran over a cat!" As the words left his mouth, my jaw dropped and Harry, Zayn and Niall all had bug eyed expressions while Louis just looked starstruck.

"Okay Julian you know what? We're tired!" Louis complained taking his headphones off and putting them around his mic stand.

"Yeah we've had four concerts this week along with non stop rehearsals" Harry whined supporting Louis's argument.

"And my throat hurts, a lot, but I've been to afraid to say anything to you!" Louis shouted through the mic. Now that he mentioned it, he did sound hoarse- I guess I've just been too distracted to notice.

"Yeah Julian I don't think a little break will do anyone any harm" Niall suggested innocently trying to ease the tension in the room.

"Guys I don't think you understand-"

"No Julian I don't think you understand" Zayn cut him off. "This is getting ridiculous! I mean we can't do it all"

"Yeah but you can at least-" Julian was cut off by the door swinging open. The mood instantly shifted in the room when the angel in the doorway spoke.

"Okay I've waited long enough" she smiled from ear to ear right in my direction. I found my feet running out of the recording booth and before I knew it, she was in my arms with her legs around my waist and I was pushing her against the wall to kiss her.

Even with the wolf whistles coming from the boys, all the tension in my body vanished and all that matter was the beautiful girl whose hands were tangled in my hair as she smiled through the kiss. She pulled away laughing and looked up at me.

"Rough day I'm guessing?" She whispered, resting her hands on my biceps, but I kept my arms securely around her waist. I answered by reconnecting our lips, less roughly this time.

"Where are the kids?" I asked through the kiss.

"Outside" she giggled in between kissing, trying to catch her breath. "Liam" she gasped pulling me back by my hair laughing.