Chapter 54

🎤 HEY HEY HAILEY WON'T YOU SAVE ME 🎤

Ariellas pov

"What are you doing?" Louis asked quietly, taking a seat next to me on the floor.

"Looking for a lawyer" I mumbled, continuing to scroll through my phone. "so I can put that bitch behind bars" I growled silently, avoiding his eye contact. He didn't respond for a while. Instead he rested his head on my shoulder and watched as researched different websites, trying to find one of the best.

"She looks good" Louis spoke pointing at a profile of a young female lawyer. I clicked on the link to her website and browsed through a little.

To say I was impressed would be an understatement. It appeared she had won some of England's biggest cases, and she was only twenty one years old. She appeared to run the company that she was working for. It stated that she started as an intern but was eventually promoted to higher titles throughout her three years of service.

"Charlotte Wilson, a twenty one year old from Cheshire" Louis mumbled, grabbing Harry's attention.

"I heard Cheshire" Haz replied and took a seat on the other side of me. Peering at the screen,
I watched as he intently read her description and scrunched his eyebrows together in concentration. "Woah is that her?" He gaped at her picture. I nodded slowly and flashed Louis a knowing glance at Harry's sudden interest in the girl.

"She's so pretty" I said aloud, "I love her outfit" I added looking at a nice picture of her dressed in a black pencil skirt with a blue blouse and matching scarf. Her hair was a long wavy brown and she had bright green eyes.

"Your such a girl" Harry said and he and Louis rolled their eyes.

"Whatever" I mumbled, "I'm calling her"I announced, standing to my feet. I pressed on the number which directed me right to the call. I know I didn't look at many others, but none of them stood out to me like this girl. She was young and successful and I felt like she would be a perfect fit.

My feet aimlessly walked around and I found myself strolling through the cool night air outside the claustrophobic hospital walls. The phone rang three times before someone answered.

"Hello this is Sarah speaking, how may I help you?" A female answered politely.

"Hi my name is Ariella O'Riley and I'm calling for Charlotte Wilson?" I answered, hoping it was her speaking.

"This is her assistant speaking" she replied. "If be happy to take a message and I'm sure Ms. Charlotte will get back to you as soon as she is available" This girl must be successful if she has an assistant.

"Oh, sure" I replied and immediately begin to stumble with my words. It never occurred to me that I would have to relay the story to someone before I could request her presence. "I don't even know where to begin" I breathed and steadied myself on the nearest tree.

"Take your time" the girl, Sarah, told me with a small giggle.

"Well," I cleared my throat and began. "My husb- my fiancé" I corrected myself, "was s-shot on the alter of our wedding day by my brother's now ex girlfriend and her family has been stalking us for over a year" The line was dead silent after I spoke those words. I waited a few seconds, "h-hello?" I asked, to make sure she was still there.

"Yes hi I'm still here" Sarah's voice responded. Her voice sounded as if she had just seen a ghost after hearing my confession. "Y-you said your name was Ariella?" She stuttered. I nodded and then remembered she couldn't see me.

"Yes" I replied weakly.

"And your fiancé is Liam Payne I'm guessing?" She asked. It didn't surprise me that she drew these conclusions- I'm sure our story was trending worldwide.