Chapter 69

*chapter 68 is printed before the HBD Louis page, in case you missed it*

Liam's pov

Rain poured from the sky and thudded loudly against the pavement, but there was no way we could stop the ceremony in the middle. Ari always loved when I kissed her in the rain, she loved the romanticism attached to it, so there was nothing more special to her than a wedding in the rain.

"By the power invested in me, I now pronounce you-" the efficient was interrupted by a loud blow that came from the crowd. The startle from the sound made me instinctively shield myself using my arms, but when I heard it again, I crouched on the floor.

Loud, eat piercing shrieks erupted from the crowd in front of us. Ari's hands started to slip from mine, so I grabbed on even tighter. As soon as I began to tilt my head her way, the blow sounded again.

"Ari!" I cried out in fear. The blows sounded all too familiar, bringing a sick feeling to my stomach. I would know- I'm well acquainted with gun shots.

My eyes squinted and tried to make out her figure in front of me. The wind howled against the trees and blew gusts of leaves in our direction. The rain mercilessly pounded against the ground, making everything hard to see. The screams were the only noises evident from the crowd. However I paid them no mind as I movies closer towards Ari, who appeared to be laying on the ground.

"Ari, babe, come on we have to-" my lips froze and I blinked away the rain to make sure what I was seeing was in fact true. Ari lay on the ground, her dress soaked in thick crimson red blood that poured from her heart.

"No" I breathed, more shocked and completely fear stricken at the possibilities. "Ari you have to talk to me" I yelled over the harsh downpour, my voice obviously shaking with terror. "Baby please" I breathed and tried shaking her awake. Here eyelids fluttered open and she looked pale as the rain trickled down on her face.

I stood another glance down at her chest and saw the blood pooling into a watery pile in front of me, soaking into my pants and the pavement. "Baby please," I begged, "please stay with me" I cried, my tears mixing with the rain that soaked my face.

I watched her as she struggled to speak. It looked like it pained her even to move her lips. "The baby" she croaked loud enough for me to hear over the clap of thunder and whirling winds. Instantly, I felt my face drain of all color and my mouth went dry.

"What baby?" I asked hesitantly, hoping my thoughts were wrong. All she did was move her hand from mine, into her bleeding stomach. It was in this moment that my heart shattered. "You're pregnant?" I asked and laced my hand with hers, which was now leaking with fresh blood. With a small nod, I watched as she closed her eyes and took her last breath.

Both of my babies were gone

"Ariella" I called and waited for her response. "Ariella wake up" I called louder. "Ariella wake-"

Suddenly I felt my body being shaken awake. My eyes snapped open and my body instantly teamed. I shot up and my eyes darted around the room, trying to gain my senses back I reality. My chest heaved up and down and at the moment I could only breathe through my mouth.

"Liam" I heard the soft sound of my fiancé's soothing voice from beside me. Her delicate hand rested comfortingly on my shoulder blade, rubbing small circles to calms me down. I turned to face her and stared blankly at her face. "It was just a dream" she whispered, sensing my confusion. "It's okay" she said softly and kissed my bare shoulder.

I turned my head to face her. The second my eyes locked with hers, I felt a sense of comfort and serenity erupt from the pit of my stomach. I nearly lost my breath as I sat there looking at her, realizing how close I was to losing her. It didn't even hit me I was crying until her painted thumb nail reached up and wiped my tear away.