Chapter 21

*This chapter is dedicated to rachel2244 and @guppyfish12 and Rapster-Reitu I know I said I would only dedicate to one or two but all three of you are consistent voters and you voted just minutes apart from each other!!! I couldn't leave just one of you out! So thank you so much!!

This chapter is also dedicated to louvedorks you'll see why at the end of this chapter (; LOVE YOU!!

Xx
️Kat

Ariella's pov

My eyes fluttered and I finally gained the strength to open them. I looked around the room a few times until I got my bearings. I relaxed into the bed, placing my hands over my bump protectively. That's when I noticed there was no bump.

Momentarily I had a panic attack until I remembered that for the past few hours I had been in labor. I must have fallen asleep I guess, but now I couldn't wait to meet my babies.

A nurse entered my room, Karen I think was her name.

"Ah Ms O'riley you're awake" she exclaimed quietly. I flashed her a small smile as she walked towards my bed.

"How are you feeling?" She asked

"As good as I can after giving birth" I chuckled as did she.

"Well it's been a long few days" she laughed and i scrunched my face in confusion.

"What do you mean? Are my babies okay?" Now I was panicking and since I was still attacked the the heart monitor, it started beeping.

"Let me get that for you" she said removing my wires and placing them on the monitor desk. "Your babies are fine. Your baby girl was born around forty five hours ago and-"

"Forty five??" I nearly shouted in astonishment.

"Yes" she chuckled "we had to put you under because your body was under too much stress"

"How long have I been asleep?" I didn't realize I had missed so much. So my babies are twins, but they were born on different days... She hadn't said anything about the boy yet which made me anxious.

"Only a few hours. Your fiancé is in the lobby with your daughter and some friends" she told me. My stomach fluttered at the mention of my daughter.

"What about my son?" My voice was starting to sound hoarse, and talking was a struggle because I was so exhausted.

"He is currently in the NICU for intensive care. Doctors are monitoring him because he was born in critical condition. He had a gash on his right arm that the doctors are trying to mend so that he doesn't bleed out-" the look of terror on my face prevented her from continuing. I felt my heart drop to my stomach when I heard these words.

"Bleed out?" I croaked in horror

"Yes but he should be okay, you really shouldn't worry" she reassured me

"When can I see them?" I asked vaguely. I wanted to see everyone- my son, my daughter, Liam, Louis, Luke, Calum and the rest of the lads.

"I can allow some visitors in if you would like, but I can't let you see your son until further notice" she early noticed the sullen look in my face so she quickly began to explain. "Since he's so little, he's weak and sicknesses travel easily so as of now we need to keep him under proper care and you'll be able to see him soon" a small weight was lifted off of my shoulders when I heard this explanation.