Chapter 65

+ glad some of you died of laughter and not sadness from the last chapter haha xx +

Ari's pov

"Hello?" I answered my phone, not recognizing the number.

"Is this Ariella?" The female voice sounded.

"Yes, who's calling?" I asked softly. The last time I didn't recognize a number, is was Courtney's father calling to tell me that he had the lads locked up in the warehouse. I squeezed my eyes shut and shuddered at the memory.

"This is Charlotte Wilson, your lawyer" she replied.

"Oh of course," I breathed a small sigh of relief. "I'm sorry I must not have your number saved" I said, sort of embarrassed by my forgetfulness.

"No worries" she replied, and I could hear the smile in her voice. "I'm just calling to confirm that we're still meeting tonight?" She asked.

"Yeah if that still works for you" I said, hoping she wouldn't cancel on me. The quicker we met, the quicker this would be over and everyone could hopefully move on from this disaster.

"Absolutely" she replied. "I'm looking forward to meeting you"

"Me too," I rowdier with a smile. "Where should I meet you?" I asked, before she hung up.

"I usually have clients meet me in my office, but I know you have to young ones to take care of, so whatever is easy for you works for me" she replied considerately.

"Is it okay to meet at my house?" I asked, biting my nails nervously.

"That's perfect" she replied. "You can text me your address and I'll be there at seven" Charlotte added. "It shouldn't be more than an hour, I know you probably have a lot on your plate with your husband," she said. Her words seemed hesitant and for a moment they baffled me.

"Oh I forgot" I gasped, involuntarily slapping my palm against my forehead dramatically. "Liam has regained full memory and he's home for good now" I explained hurriedly. I heard Charlotte gasp in excitement on the other end.

"That's wonderful I'm so relieved to hear that" I could hear the genuine smile in her voice as she spoke. "Knowing this, tonight may take longer than an hour," she paused. "Is that a problem?"

"No no of course not" I assured her. "And you can come earlier than six if you're available,"
I suggested, trying to make her life somewhat easier. Considering her success, there isn't a doubt in my mind that she has a busy schedule. I'm sure a good night sleep would be good for her- and for me.

"I'm free all day," she stated. "I could be there in ninety minutes if you wish" she giggled. I knew this was a joke but I was anxious to get this over with so I decided to take her up on this offer.

"Could you?" I asked hopefully. "I mean, I know you were kidding but-"

"If it works for you then it's fine with me" she stated happily.

"Then I guess I'll see you in ninety minutes" I giggled.

"I guess you will" she laughed. "Bye Ariella"

"Bye" I smiled and clicked end. I looked over at Liam who was feeding Lacey in his lap as well as Bryce who was in his high chair.