Chapter 19

Louis's pov

"The babies are coming" I yelled breathlessly as I ran down the stairs. My head was fogged with too many emotions so I couldn't even think clearly. The babies were coming at 29 weeks, and babies were supposed to be born at 40 weeks... This can only mean trouble from here.

Ari won't lose her babies is what I kept telling myself. It's impossible, it wouldn't happen. I'm sure she just bumped into the door and she's having some contractions or something. Unfortunately I hung up on Liam before he could explain this part.

"Louis what happened?!" The boys yelled at me as we sprinted to the van.

"I don't know but we need to leave, now" I snapped harshly as I jumped into the drivers seat and shoved the key into the ignition.

"Drive!" They shouted before the doors were even closed. I stepped on the gas pedal and sped my way down the street, mentally cursing that the hospital wasn't closer.

"So you have no idea what happened?" Luke asked and I shook my head. I was passed the shock, now it was sinking in that this may not be a fairytale ending. The babies are most likely not going to survive. Having undergone stomach surgery, months of stress and now this? And on top of that, there's two babies so the risk is even greater.

"What did Liam say?" Lottie asked through a small voice. I had forgotten she was even in the car because the boys just kept frantically yelling.

"He said she got hurt and now she's going into early labor" I said peering at her to see if she was crying. "It'll be okay" I said, but it was obvious that I was trying to convince myself more so than her.

Liam's Pov

"Thank you" she smiled as I held the door open for her on the way out of the restaurant. I peered around and noticed the fans were gone. The streets were eerily empty, which was odd because it was a busy part of town. There only seemed to be a few scattered people here and there.

"Do you think the boys finished the nursery?" I asked taking her hand

"I'm sure they didn't even start" she giggled entertaining our fingers, just the was she liked.

"I'm sure it will be-" I was interrupted when Ari let out a loud shriek. Someone had creeped up from behind us and kicked her so hard in the stomach that she was on the floor. My eyes widened and I was knelt down next to her bridge I could process what just happened. Of course this person was wearing all black and they had fled the scene so I have no idea who would've done such a thing.

"Liam" she groaned clutching her stomach

"Baby what hurts?!" I asked trying to stay calm but I was doing a bad job. I kept glancing around to make sure nobody else was coming from either side of us.

I noticed her breathing has increased and her face was scrunched in pain. Tears ran down her cheek and I felt helpless kneeling there knowing that there was no way I could take her pain away.

"We're going to get you to a hospital" I said whipping my phone out of my pocket

"Liam it's time" she seethed drawing in a sharp breath. I slowly lowered my phone from my ear and glanced at her nervously.

"Time for what?" My heart dropped as I anticipated the answer that was inevitable to come.

"The babies are coming now" she croaked bending over her bump in tears

"Okay umm" I ran my fingers through my hair and pulled at the roots roughly.

"Excuse me do you need help?" The waiter from lunch had just ran outside. I didn't even have time to question him or think about how he was in love with Ari, I needed his help now.