Chapter 24

Ariellas pov

"Liam?" I croaked out nervously over the phone. When I heard no response I began panicking

"Boys it's not funny" I warned, praying they were just playing around.

"If it's Liam you're looking for then you've called the right number" a throaty laugh was heard from the other end of the line.

"What do you want?" I snapped at the stranger. I was surprised by the confidence in my voice, even when tears streamed down my face.

"You" he replied simply and I felt nauseous. "come to the warehouse and we'll settle it here. If you pull any tricks then your handsome fiancé here will pay the price"

"Ari don't listen he's-" before Liam could finish a gun shot went off and I heard a loud merciful scream followed by two more gunshots.

I woke up and nearly screamed as I shot up from the pillow. I was so frightening that my body was actually trembling.

"Babe?" Liam questioned nervously as he sat up just as quickly as I did. "What's wrong?" He asked rubbing my back trying to calm me down.

The beat of my heart pounded so rapidly against my chest that I thought it was going to burst. I was so frightened that I actually felt sick and I had goosebumps covering my entire body.

"Babe your shaking" he whispered in a concerned voice. "You had that dream again?" He asked sympathetically. All I could do was nod because my body was too numb to do anything else. I've been having this dream almost three times a week and it only seems to get worse every time.

"You wanna talk about it?" I shook my head no quickly and then laid back down on the pillow slowly. I still couldn't muster up any energy to say something because I was still shaking.

Months ago in the warehouse was the worst time in my life because I almost lost everyone that was close to me, including my unborn children. We spent days in there fighting for our lives never knowing what the outcome may be. Blood and tears were shed constantly and I hated the fact that I had to relive it almost every night.

"Your safe now beautiful" Liam whispered kissing my temple. "I'm not going anywhere." With that he pulled me close to his warm muscular body and I was finally able to fall asleep... Until the babies woke me.

We'd been home from the hospital for about a month now and Lacy and Bryce were doing great. They were both stable and able to live without ventilators or medication, which was a huge relief for both me and Liam considering their history.

Having them around in the house was just like I imagined it. They were such a blessing and so much fun to have around. I understand they're tiny, but infants are just too adorable. I loved changing their outfits and feeding them and especially cradling them and kissing their tiny noses.

"I'll get them" Liam said rolling over and stretching. He raised his arms over his head and yawned groggily. The moonlight reflected his toned biceps as he flexed them above his head.

"Like what you see?" He asked with a confident, cocky smirk.

"Nope" I said uninterested as I rolled over to face the other direction. I squeezed my eyes shut hoping to prevent myself from laughing as I heard his footsteps approach my side of the bed.

"What did you say?" He asked pinning his arms on either side of my head.

"I said, nope" my response triggered something in him where he felt he needed to defend his ego, meaning he wouldn't let my get away with my answer. Before I could even open my eyes, he rolled us over so now I was sitting up and straddling his waist.